so if no fuel goes thru the secondary slots, and I can see were there may not be much with slot not being on the suction side of the throttle blades, then what does the slot do? my thoughts were; if there's an idle bleed boss on top of the body it can be drilled, and the body had a passage down to the base plate, then why couldn't it all get connected. . tricky part will be the base plate. of course without something in hand to look at I know i'm making some assumptions. IIRC the metering plate was similar to a 6pak and I know back in the day I understood the idle feed restriction, but i'm sure I didn't understand the relationship between all the parts and passages. anyhow, it's all a thought.

I know from playing with a factory 440hp avs with no secondary idle circuit and switching to an edelbrock 1407 that does have a secondary idle circuit there's almost night and day difference in low rpm engine burn and vaccum. I never thought a lot about how dramatic the difference was until this discussion. I know from playing with 6paks the primary carb circuit is really screwed up and needs mods. none of us do the mods so we just compensate for the problem by going after the secondary idle circuit which I think makes the engine burn dirty. I know the 1407 burns a lot cleaner than the avs. circumventing ma-mopars smog crap can be a brain teaser.