Quote:
The key is to just trace and check the WIRES and see if they light up, correct?
It sounds like you are checking for wire continuity. Really what you want to look for is short to ground. I did explain that (or tried) on the previous page https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...tml#Post2365540 but that assumed a self powered light.
So one lead on the Battery Plus, Other lead on the Alternator Bat terminal.*
I beleive that's about all that can be tested until repairs are made.

As far as the various wires go, even when everything is perfect some will show continuity and some won't. It depends on whether they are switched or not. Download the shop manual and if its easier, start with Nacho's or my '67 diagram. Draw in or erase whatever is different.

Since you have some modified stuff there, such as the Chrysler electronic ignition, you can draw that in too. If its too messy or confusing, drawing the ignition circuit seperate from the charging circuit. That's why my posted '67 diagram shows points. I have a seperate diagram for the ignition circuit with the modifications I made for the MSD 6T.

This will help both trouble shoot and making repairs. After all, why is that terminal holder empty (20). What is the blue wire with trace? What is the heavy pink wire with trace?
For chasing questions about whether something should light up, the diagram will show what circuits are from the main junction, and which ones are only on when ignition switch is in start, run, or accessory. Most will have fuses. A few won't but have circuit breakers.

*edit: Gosh since you have a multimeter, just use that. There should be infinite resistance between alternator output (Bat) and ground.

Last edited by Mattax; 09/05/17 08:02 PM.