the 147/145 terminals are the right ones (packard 56 1/4" brass male/female). I would get the bulkhead as it would be to your advantage to have everything fresh to start with but with that being said it might be a good plan for you to purchase a complete harness which may or may not already include the bulkhead halves (wait for advice on that & the harness replacement itself). It just might be much easier for you to drop in a new harness. I rewired a 65 dart from scratch piece by piece wire by wire! & I would not want to do it again & it was a bare bones machine compared to later stuff! under hood was easy/under dash was extremely time consuming. An alt main stud to short to ground is rare but it kinda seems like/appears that there was a dead short or near dead short (very high draw) in the main large wire circuit from batt to inside/to ammeter/to welded splice/to bulkhead again/out to alt but maybe it did not go that far & the farthest reach of the burned wires away from the power source (the battery) is where it grounded but it seemed to be progressing pretty far along that main wire circuit (that'd be something for you to check). to check the alt main stud, take off the round terminal from it & ohm the stud to the alt case & should be no continuity. EDIT I set the old harness on the kitchen floor & started the new one right next to it. I duplicated one circuit then cut it off of the old one till the new one took shape & the old one dissappeared & I crimped/soldered every terminal & used larger wires on some circuits.

Last edited by RapidRobert; 09/05/17 12:09 AM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth