Originally Posted By eightlitermopar

My picture is an updated one, that is a new fuseable link. The picture is how it the old one looked. The insulation was cooked off.

amazed how it took so long to burnt giving time to burn the ammeter wires

Originally Posted By eightlitermopar

I was thinking, I may replace the bulkhead because it is over 40 years old and pretty brittle and abused. Regarding a new bulkhead, do I just pull out the old terminals and push them into the new one? I guess I can destroy the old one to get them if they are melted in there.

yes that's my advice, using or not the original ammeter paths through the bulkhead

Mattax already explained how to remove the terminals, but destroy the old bulkhead is an option too LOL... maybe faster and won't be dealing with the tabs, being still on original angle to get them inserted on the new one.

Terminals can be cleaned from grease and then soak them on a vinegar and salt solution for couple of hours. Then clean and soak in again on baking soda to eliminate the acids of the vinegar. This will clean the sulfating areas and rust

As explained before, you can reuse your old engine and forward lighting harnesses plugs if you won't be reinstalling the original ammeter paths running through the bulkhead.

If you will reinstall the original paths, will need the engine harness plug and mostly sure the forward lighting one too.

Last edited by NachoRT74; 09/05/17 01:53 PM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela