Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
A lot of changes, and not just the chassis........at this point I would say the jury is still out on the cam swap.

I agree. I had to freshen the motor this spring when the new cam went in. The hone job wasn't perfect when I got the block back for reassembly. There were signs of "alky rust" in a few spots in the cylinders. Very shallow, but if my fingernail can feel them, I assume the rings might not seal perfectly. My guess is that was done that way because none of them were over half way up the ring travel area, and it saved me from needing new pistons? I had talked about that with my machinist.
With both converters I have being 5800 stall or less, I think that is hurting performance. The cam lobes and duration were selected based on my thinking the flash stall was much higher.
I am working on getting a graph up.
If anyone can tell me how to save the screen for a graph in a file that can be posted, I sure could use the help. There are less options when a graph screen is up and I can't figure out how to save it as a photo or file I can post.
The 60 ft on this scan was 1.279, 1/4 ET was 8.990
The graph is engine rpm and acceleration.
the G meter scale is 2000 rpm = 0 Gs, 4000 rpm 1G , 6000 = 2Gs

Attached PDF document
Scan0006.pdf (119 downloads)
Last edited by gregsdart; 07/31/16 12:00 PM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky