I did a little work on it today. Swapped in a new chrome box I had laying around just for kicks, double checked timing, made sure all converter bolts were good (they were), then took for cruise despite having what seems like a small miss at idle. Car ran normally. S/F readings were approximately:
idle: 14.0
steady 2000rpm: 17.0
steady 2500rpm 13.5
steady 3000rpm 13.5
lite throttle under load from 2k-3k: 14.0
WOT 2500-close to 5k:13.0

I have been reading about changing metering rods and jets in the Edelbrock Performer series and will get the kit. I will probably just try to add a step richer but I don't know what I have in there yet.. That will have to wait until next weekend.

Skipped the compression test for now. I know, that should be first. Damn driver exhaust manifold has slight tick again after just doing the remflex. I did retighten after a few heat cycles, and now a few of the bolts were slightly loose. Have to get under to try to reach one closest to firewall, which is a [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]..

Bought a new coil just for giggles since mine is at least 10 years old and everything else in ignition except distributor is new..