Quote:

Quote:

My carb is in new condition. The trouble is sending off the stock Carter to Scott and spending the 400 dollars to restore it, then either going without an electric choke or trying to track down all of the choke stove parts. Not exactly a few minutes. Probably juice noy worth the squeeze? Money probably better spent in gear or heads?

2 differences in your AFB vs. the newer AVS, first is the inlet diameter, carb horn, is smaller ... flow restriction , second is the base plate pattern is smaller meaning a tighter mounting base and I am pretty sure a slight restriction there also. If you are stock on the cast iron boat anchor intake then switch it to the 68/68.

As far as the electric choke, you can put it on the carter fairly easily , I'm sure Scott has done is many times ...

If it were me I'd get a Thunder series 650 and try that first , it'll be worlds better than the Performer 750 and you'll have a little better throttle response ... it may not do anything for your top end though ??? But how often are you at 5000 plus rpm ???

67 hp intake is the same as the 68.

The cross sectional area would suggest that the air horn is not a restriction. Probably an effect at some point due to the transition into the throttle bores, but not likely at this performance level.