Quote:

Quote:

Well you got me there cause I learned in my teens not to do it, probably 5 years before I got my first 440, but I have seen it on too many other engines. But there again, mostly racing so might that might effect my view.

Exactly, I read many times not to do it as well. But I've come to find that pretty much everyone who says not to run a DP on the street has never done it...

I don't know that never is the right word exactly but I cant say I have run one on a stockish 440 on the street. Some would probably argue that single planes are good on the street in an auto with nos tall as well, but I would disagree with that as well. It just doesn't make sense in my mind to run a set up that is designed to work best at 4500 plus when the cam runs out at 4800 and the motor cant take 5500 too many times and stay together. I like low end grunt to get out of the hole and moving especially on a street car and yes 440s, even the truck ones have plenty of that naturally. Maybe I should say it's not the best choice from my experience.

I will still say diag first then spend money, if the carb is a known issue then address it, even by bolting on a known good one. If that's it then buy the best you can get/afford for the set up. It would be interesting to see what the expects would recommend as far as carb for his set up.

Careful, your character's showing!