Quote:

I dont know what those carb numbers make them, but you could rebuild one yourself for way less than 400 bucks. If you are wanting it spiffied up for show, it would still be dollars ahead to run it after a rebuild and see if it does what you want. I sure wouldn't buy a smaller carb new to try. A 750 is right for a 383 and definitely for a 440. I happen to like the carter carbs a lot. A 3310 is sweet but the carter design and function is right there and is easier to work with imo on a fine tune. Except the 750 eddy, which is just a POS any way you slice it.

I dont know about your intake other than i ditch the stock ones right away. You might look into a performer not performer rpm version or similar and paint and grind the outside to look more like stock. IIRC those are low enough to clear very close to stock and still work much better along with losing the weight.

ok, maybe I had the RPM before. I wasn't aware that they had a low profile intake. Maybe in the spring I Will swap the intake, heads and carb. That is something I can do myself (never done heads) hopefully. Just have to study if I can keep the same pushrods and the best stock looking aluminum head for the application, leaving room for more performance later if needed.