Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok I think that 750 is to big for near stock 440.
I would try a 650 holley or the thermo quad.
also something does not sound right.
I had a 383 stock with Edelbrock performer cam, performer low rise intake and carb performer 600.
pertronic ignition conversion worn out distributor in 69 charger with stock 727 trans and magnum manifolds with 906 heads and the car would smoke the tires no problem.
the 440 should have more power than that! also it should pull to 5 grand if that is the cam you have.
sounds like to me you have real weak valve springs if its not pulling to 5 grand.
do you trust the engine builder?
did you get what you paid for?

I am now suspicious of build. I referred a friend to the builder who is respected but apparently had one of his techs do his 383 and installed the wrong piston set, resulting in low compression dog. Mine doesn't have same symptoms as his and would smoke the old dried out tires before I got new ones. Also, if I stand on the brake pedal and load it I am sure I can break it loose. As I said, if I give it a little turn of wheel and punch it it goes sideways and holds it pretty well. These cars ran 16.00s when new so I think I got what I paid for, a mild rebuild.

I ran it close to 5 grand once and got a serious knock that went away after shut down. Never came back?? I have discussed it on previous threads and am a little nervous to tach it back up..

I think I will rebuild the Carter and see if that works better.

These cars ran 14.0-14.8 stock, through huge reverse flow mufflers with 2.25 inch tail pipes. One that ran 16.0 would be a serious dog.

Try the A/F meter. I don't want to condemn the 750 Eddy, but there are noted problems and they require more attention than most. You should see around 13:1 or richer at WOT. As noted a few times it shouldn't have a problem spinning those tires. There may be alot left desired in the tune, but I'd question the build too. Maybe a low compression engine, which should still spin the tires. If your Avalanche is faster there is an issue.

THe 440 RT was a 15 second car and the Hemi was a mid 14 second car stock.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_6706_dodge_hemi/photo_04.html
I have not dialed in the Eddy. Straight out of the box except float and idle circuit tune for max vacuum.

I have a bung on each side. Do I have to do a separate run for each side??