Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok, I might have a line on a barely used Holley SD dual plane and Holley 650 vac sec. I am hoping that will fit and wont have the same fuel boil issues a Eddy does.. Was also told that 440 source had good heads that look stock when painted turquoise...

easy killer lets fix what you have now 1st. EVEN with that carb it should run pretty well. Does the SD have the stock coil mount location?

You need to verify what you have to start with before you spend a dime on parts.

This means at the very least, a compression test. Just because you were told the engine is fresh doesn't mean it is or was assembled correctly. If you assume because it is fresh it will have 150 psi and when you check it you find it only has 90, or they are all over the place, you just found your problem.

The engine does NOT need to be hot to do this. If they are all 80-90 psi (low) cold or some good some horrible, warming it up isn't going to cure that. If it is low or not consistent, you need to find out why.

If it actually has good compression then you need to next confirm why it started knocking. That stuff does NOT heal itself. Did it lose oil pressure and scorch the rod bearings or did it float the valves?

Lots of stuff to check and the ONLY thing I would assume at this point is that everything that can be, is FUBAR.

Kevin

I hear you and will do. Oil pressure stayed good during issue, is 60 at start now and 45 warm idle. Freaked me out but strange the noise left as it was loud..