Quote:

Quote:

I did a ring and bearing and head refresh on a '71 440 shortblock with 452 heads. CR ended up being 9.5:1.

With a.528 MP solid, headers, recurved dist. and a 750 3310 Holley being the only mods, it did a [Email]13.50@104mph.[/Email] No traction and horrible 60ft. times. With slicks and decent springs it would've easily hit 12's. It was a torque monster on the street! 2500 stall converter and 3.23 highway gears. The .528 barely had a lope once warmed up! 320 HP at the rear wheels. I really feel the stock intake was a major cork in the combination.

Your compression was higher than ours, but this is where we ended up too, in both performance and conclusion. Getting the iron intake over 350 hp is the challenge, I think.

I'm really curious to see what the Street Dominator and 850 carb does...

Oh yeah, the latest 440 ran me about $2,600 to build with the heads being the major expense. It does have stuff that wasn't necessary like a 7 quart deep sump and aluminum water pump and housing. Truly one of the nicest original block/crank combo's I've encountered. I paid $375 for the core motor.