Quote:

Quote:

Do we know if the low comp pistons are even still in there? Sounds like a rebuild was done. ???

Have you EVER come across a rebuild that didn't have junk pistons in it? Ever? Once? I swear there is a conspiracy amongst part-counter salesmen to only sell stuff designed in the 60's. To most hot rod guys, TRW and Speed-Pro are cutting edge.

I'm betting the car its got either stock junk, jobber junk, or expensive 'cutting edge' TRW/SP junk in it. 9 times out ov 10, if the builder wanted high compression you'll find domed junk in there...

Hey I will take a set of "junk" Speed Pro/TRW 6-pack 2355 pistons over those crap low compression 1.912 compression height smogger era 70's pistons any day of the week. Those old 2355's may be as heavy as the stock pistons but at least they have a 2.060 compression height so you can at least get some decent squeeze out of them!

But yes I agree with you, there must be some conspiracy to sell those smogger era 440 pistons because way too many 440's are still getting them at rebuild time. It would do many a mopar guy a favor if those pistons weren't on the market anymore!

With all the lightweight modern forged and hyper pistons, there's no good reason for those old cast junkers.