Quote:

Measurable differences would likely be low, its more of a strength issue. I wouldn't hesitate to put an engine together with them. They're old but nothing wrong with them, similar to the Purpleshaft cams and 906 heads. Lots of cars have gone really fast with 2355s, six pack rods, 906 heads, and a 509 cam.

The main thing with the TRWs are they're just expensive as anything else, not worth ponying up the same dough when there are WAAAY better options for the same price.

Fixed it.

Its not the weight. Its the compression height. Quench was old news ages ago and people are STILL building engines without? I'd wager that if ALL these JUNK pistons just suddenly disappeared in the 70's and you could ONLY get proper zero deck pistons (and lets just make all 906 and 452 heads closed chamber while we're dreaming) i bet a lot more old cars would still be driving around. People still equate old big blocks with single digit MPG and only occasional fun... it doesn't have to be this way.

I dont know... maybe its just more hillbilly where i live... but it seems that every Mopar i run across is the same 440 w pop-ups, 906 heads, fat Holley, MP cam, open-headered mess... usually with steep gears and a hairy convertor. They get driven so infrequently they never get sorted out, they're embarrassingly slow and ov course, because they go through gas like a nitro hemi they never get driven. ALL the Mopars are gone. All i see now are Camaros and Mustangs, some Chevelles, some Novas... why? because it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE how to build a modern-spec engine, and most ov the parts they find have more modern design, or hell... its easy just to swap in an LS or cheapo crate 351. Again... maybe its better where you guys live, but all i see are purpleshaft cams and 2lb pop-ups in crazy lookin' Mopars that run 14's. Hell... high tech exhaust in this camp seems to be electric cut-outs... (dont get me started).

/rant.