Quote:

Quote:

.....You can get beyond 400hp very easilly without gtting into anything beyond the cam, and that includes the factory intake and carb.

I'd like to see that.

I'd believe it.

The engine that ended up in my Charger was first swapped into my friends 3950lb 73 Satellite... slushbox 727, highway gears. Duals, but small duals and no headers or even HP manifolds. Nothing but a Holley 670 and a recurve. That car was a lot faster than it should have been too. The ONLY mod done to the bone stock high-mile 76 440 (before we bought it) was a small cam... really small. Sounded like a 6-pack cam to me, or maybe a big 'RV" cam. The factory cams barely had lobes on them. LOTS ov power to find there. Between those, the awful factory intake (probably carb too, never had one) and adding longtubes you'd have an entirely different engine. Like, small block to big block different. It always astounded me just how much power the factory robbed from even the HP Magnums in stock form. Almost as bad as Cadillac big blocks (KINGS ov the sleeper engines).