Quote:

I think it is a double whammy. The custom pistons along with the custom headers put the b1's out of most people's comfort zone. Someone tool up a 2.25 header that will work on an A B or E body and I bet you would see many more. Probably some of the best money koffel's could spend would be to get a shelf header and pistons. The b1 has had it's day as the cutting edge race head but as a big inch street and strip or fast bracket alternative it could be a whole new horizon. I believe it would be just a matter of making the needed parts readily available.

Well put. And an offering of a slightly smaller port version capable of being ported to the needs of different engine sizes would go a long way to making them sale-able. 3 cnc versions, small, medium and huge. Think about it- a B1-PSO head with smaller ports but the meat in the heads to go as big as the basic head will allow. This would wind up being similar to a Brewer head, which worked like gangbusters for an inline head, but the market wasn't strong enough to make a go of it. Brewer heads were a match (or better) for B1Mc heads, yet made power 500 rpm below what the Mcs did. An old adage is "a wedge head is only as good as the length of its' intake valve" The Brewers are a great example. seems to me the basic B1 casting could be upgraded similarly. On top of that, make the valve train and mounting points in such a way as to accommodate different spring installed heights and rocker ratios. OK, the Christmas wish list is complete!

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky