Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I certainly understand the cost point, but my thought is now all the other 'Big port' alternatives also cost more (compared to stock or 'staock-ish, i.e, non-offset valvetrain) in terms of CNC porting and custom rocker gear as well. there's still a price gap...it's just probably not as much as in years past. if you consider a B1 like a scaled-up W8 for a big block it's much closer to modern race technology becuse it's not limited to the conventional valve layout.

To someone who just wants to run a set of Eddies or 440 source "stealths" the price difference is monumental...but by the time you CNC victors or -1's, they also need custom offset valvetrain as well. there's still a cost premium...just nowhere near as much as in years past as compared to other 'Max flow/hp' heads that weren't in the game when the B1 came out.

If you're building a stroker, you need custom pistons anyway...so at that point if you opt for B1 notches it doesn't really cost considerably more from the shortblock perspective.

At that point a set of indy 440-1's will get you there and if you want a little more work the 572-13 will cover it and its all figured out.

True.

But here's something to think about. What do you think the Mopar community would do IF Koffel's ran a "SPECIAL" selling complete B1 Original (no MC's) top-half on sale for 2-weeks one time per year? They already do it, but the price is still out of reach for most I suspect. I have purchased two sets from them on their yearly sale. How many sets do you think they would sell if the price was lower? Complete advertisement on the internet, and in Mopar rags. Limit one complete set per customer and no dealer/vendor purchases. I'd be interested to see how many folks would jump at that offer. Lets say $2500 for their standard B1-O kit. Do you think such an event would promote more sales, or do you think it would not be a hit and followed by excuses, etc?

I'd never run their supplied rockers in a race motor, but I suspect they'd be okay in a street motor that didn't have a real aggressive cam or have to really RPM.

Wes

Great idea/thought Wes , but the problem is they don't look like a STOCK iron head and you can't run stock stamped rockers on them.