Hello guys, I'm a graduating Mechanical Engineer(2days away) and this thread makes me wonder if I will make any money whatsoever in finishing a BBM canted valve cylinder head project I'm working on lol. Luckily, I'm passionate and driven to succeed so as long as things proof out, I will have them machined by the end of next year hopefully. Its a slow process when your doing it essentially by yourself.

My question is what are people typically doing with these big stroker motors? That could be half of the problem right there.

If most of these builds are being used in bracket racing, there's no need to go all out unless your trying to run Top Sportsman Naturally Aspirated. I know in my region, there are barely any Mopars running faster than 9.20's so the big strokers aren't really needed for that. Also, when I think of the faster cars, they either have Sonny's for power, a BBC, use a power adder, top of the line SB's, or use hemi99 power. In general, most mopar guys just run the brackets and are between 6.00-6.50 in the 1/8th mile. Now that I think about, there is one car at our local track that has a B1 motor and runs 5.20's. Other than that, I don't see many around my way or at local events elsewhere.

Adriel Paradise
Substation Design Engineer III