Quote:

I certainly understand the cost point, but my thought is now all the other 'Big port' alternatives also cost more (compared to stock or 'staock-ish, i.e, non-offset valvetrain) in terms of CNC porting and custom rocker gear as well. there's still a price gap...it's just probably not as much as in years past. if you consider a B1 like a scaled-up W8 for a big block it's much closer to modern race technology becuse it's not limited to the conventional valve layout.

To someone who just wants to run a set of Eddies or 440 source "stealths" the price difference is monumental...but by the time you CNC victors or -1's, they also need custom offset valvetrain as well. there's still a cost premium...just nowhere near as much as in years past as compared to other 'Max flow/hp' heads that weren't in the game when the B1 came out.

If you're building a stroker, you need custom pistons anyway...so at that point if you opt for B1 notches it doesn't really cost considerably more from the shortblock perspective.

At that point a set of indy 440-1's will get you there and if you want a little more work the 572-13 will cover it and its all figured out.

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154