Quote:

Quote:

Well......it's gone quiet on this. Guess it hasn't been fully tested on a track!

Jamie got back to me about his trans, and he's tested his pretty good at the track. WOT power shifts at 6500rpm.

I like this SS700 trans, but I'd like to hear / see of some real drag strip testing on them.

F4

The SS700 has just hit the scene, so to speak, there's a few of the Keisler and enthusiast test RS600 vids out there, as the SS700 is basically the RS600, the RS600 was a remanned T45 from BW with Keislers mods, basically the RS600 was a "filler offering" untill the Legend/Keisler offering was into production stages, the SS700 is a joint venture between Legend and Keisler to be self-dependent on castings and internal hardware, rather than purchase whole transmissions, or outsource the cases, internals, assembly, etc...the SS700 is an internal upgrade in mat'ls and components, and a modified transmission casting...I'm waiting to see how these units do in the hands of the enthusiast before a purchase, if it's on par, or superior to the Tremec TKO600/650, then I have no problem ordering a unit thru/from Keisler, I'm not too happy with the .70 OD, I'd much prefere the TKO600 .64 OD

Mike

The issue raised was "drag strip testing by the manufacturer". It appears keisler is lacking here... Well Dayclona to the rescue to explain away, lack of testing!! "Uh the ss700 just hit the streets". Dayclona, stick to the issue. "Drag strip testing by the manufacturer" not the end user! One more point... just because a coyote 5.0 revs 7500 doesn't mean the trans will shift there at WOT! Plus they have a less than stellar torque number.