Quote:

Quote:

Mike,
BE CAREFUL! You are about ready to step over the line. Why do you have to bash our product the minute someone doesn't worship Keisler the way you do. ...

However, when we release the unit for production...

Sounds like the big question is how many Passons have been released into customer hands -- sounds like hte answer is zero.

However, one only has to casually follow Keisler threads to see lots of customers have had issues to sort thru. That's to be expected in such a conversion - unless you market your product with phrases such as 'PerfectFit' and 'hassle-free installation'.

Fury Fan,
You got me there. We have not put any A-855 transmissions into customer's hands yet. We never sell our products to the public to test for us. We have been testing for over a year now. There have been quite a few revisions. The final issue that we are working through is the 5th gear Reverse interlock assembly. This issue developed late in the testing phase due a change in manufacturing of the pieces that make up the interlock. It was not cost effective to use the same procedure for production that we used in development. In changing the manufacturing process, it brought up some tolerance issues that we have had to work through. These are the things that happen when you develop a new transmission. I am confident that we have taken care of the issue. We are nearly there.

I am not going to get into an SS700 bash fest here. I specifically commented to Dayclona regarding the shot he fired over my bow. This was an obvious jab at us and our product. It is a shame that he doesn't know any of the specifics about our product, yet still has to bash it because I have been honest with potential customers about an issue that we have had to work through. I don't know, to me, Dayclona making this comment make him look desperate to cut down anything not Keisler. However, everyone can make their own conclusion. However, past posting may tend to support this thought.

I guess at the end of the day, I would rather be straight up with people about where we stand than lie to them. Nobody wins in the end with that scenario.
I also don't feel the need to bash the SS700. I let the facts speak for themselves. The pictures posted are hard to argue with... You cannot deny the fact that there are issues with fitment. End of story. Now mind you, this is after the transmission case had to be indexed and redrilled, bearing retainer/throwout bearing modified and different hardware sourced. Is it me, or that a heck of a lot to have to do for a "bolt in" setup. I just can't imagine what the customer would have done that did not have a milling machine and lathe in his "garage" out back to make the modifications.

Jamie

Passon Performance 309 Turkey Path Sugarloaf, PA 18249 (570) 401 8949 www.passonperformance.com