Quote:

Quote:

i have a friend who has a '68 427 vette and was looking at the keisler 700 tranny. anyhow, we got together and talked to a robert hall at american powertrain (1-931-510-0087) at the goodguys in indy this september. i strongly recommend talking to the power train guy before you order or put a deposit down on the 700 tranny.

I was hoping this trans would be a viable alternative after hearing disturbing rumors that the long-awaited Passon unit suffers from excessive and incurable gear noise problems.

Can you elaborate on what was said about the SS700 good and/or bad?

my friend was going to buy a 700 for his vette. there was a tremec vendor, american powertrain, so we thought we'd take a look at a 700 before buying. we assumed the 700 was a tremec. apparently the 700 is a keisler tranny and not tremec. i walked away from the vendor with the belief there aren't any 700 tranny's availiable. it's a business venture that keisler is working on and none have been made. if this is true i don't think i'd put deposit money on something that doesn't exist. do some research, call some different vendors before you buy. you have to be careful about questioning the business practices of a moparts sponsor on this website. personally, i didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling about what i heard.