Spoke with Shafi and David from Keisler today. The outcome of the conversation was satisfactory to me. They are going to work through and assist me with the issues with my trans swap.

The highlights are:
1) The issue with the bolt pattern and pilot for the stock Mopar bellhousing is resolved. If you order a trans to fit a Mopar bell it will have the correct bolt pattern and pilot size for a stock Mopar bell. If you order a Keisler bellhousing the trans will fit that bell; remember the Keisler bellhousing has the tremec bolt pattern and pilot.

2) The stock to get the tail higher in the tunnel, will be taken care of too. This was minor but did prevent the trans from lifting completely to the position that I needed. So no problem there now.

3) The speedometer cable location -- we discussed on how the stock B-body cross member frame interfered. They are going to see if the cable mount location can be clocked to allow more clearance to the frame. From my measurements I feel that this is very possible as long that there is wall stock in the casting. About 5 degrees should do it. *Side note -- On their XP Charger the engine appears to sit flat but slightly lower. This is why I believe the cable was placed where it was. I would have missed that too.

In reality I am amazed it fit at well as it did with this trans being able to fit as many cars as it does. A few tweaks in the beginning are to be expected.

4) The shifter location, Shafi assured me would be correct when I start the final assembly. Because of his willingness to help out with the other concerns, I believe it will.

*Final Thought - With these concerns corrected I feel this will be a very affordable overdrive transmission for our B-bodies.

Tim

Last edited by Convertible Bee; 02/19/13 09:49 PM.