Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm thinking that by putting 19.5's on the truck it would add to the CGVW. I am going to check that out.
Billy D.

Say what?

The chassis manufacturer or final builder has the responsibility of certifying allowable weights for your vehicle that should be on the drivers door frame with suggested tire size for that rating. If you intentionally undersize a tire, a DOT inspector could use the lower rating based on the lower rated tire. But you cannot legally increase the manufacturer rating by going to a larger tire. The chassis weight rating is based on many items that become part of a system such as rims, brakes, hubs, frame rails, springs, etc, not just the tires.

Mr. Know it all: Not sure if the 19.5's are gonna make a difference, but it's worth a look. I do know you can raise the capacity by; adding springs, beefing up suspension, adding plates to frames, etc. and have them re-certified

Your statement is incorrect...

Rickster

Enough with the labels. The problem with what you are suggesting is getting a truck recertified. Years past you might have been able to get a legit final chassis builder to recertify a vehicle when likely they upgraded a item that had already been thru proper design engineering and testing. This final builder is extremely liable for what they certify. I would doubt today with a sue happy climate if you can get anybody legit to recertify a rating on a truck for some customer spec'd item.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.