Quote:

Guys, I really don't have a lot of sympathy for you. This topic has been hammered numerous times here on moparts. And the usual response was "it doesn't effect me, why should i care?" Well it does effect you, and the way you protect YOUR rights is by protecting the other guys rights first. Well did anybody now complaining speak up for the other guy? No I didn't think so.
you may want to reread your hax mat there has to be a certain quanity before you placard od need haz mat endorsement
These basic laws have been around for years. They constantly increase enforcement as they slowly tighten the noose. Just because you get away with something, doesn't mean that it will be the case for long. You are dreaming. IMO it is possible with a very strick interpretation of the existing laws to make almost every single truck on the road today illegal. What kind of legal system is that?

Back to specifics, there is one area IMO that should be the line in the sand on this whole matter. Please pay attention. You as a us citizen has certain rights. They are very difficult to mess with as much as those in charge try. However a business, which is anything commercial has zero constituitional rights. Therefore if the government can get something classified as "commercial", any laws can be passed and then enforced with no rights to worry about. "Commercial" is usually defined as any endeavor to attempt to recieve financial gain. Those that fit this category, join the rest of us in business and bend over, it is not going to end. The rest of you guys, weekend racers and hobbyists, raise stinking bloody murder, and just don't think becuase your state ie currently lenient, its not coming, and its a lot easier to start stopping it now.

You guys have no idea what you are in for.

PS Any commercial trailer over 10,000lbs requires at least a driver with a Class "A" CDL, random drug tested, yearly medical exam ( no BP over 140/90) and if hauling ANY hazard materials ( race fuel), every 2? years a criminal background check, and a curent up to date/hr 8 day log book if you are 100+ miles from home base for starts