Here is the FL law without all the gunk from my earlier post. It also has the staute # and the link to the page.

I will dig deeper into the tag issue, but I think it only matters for commercial, OR just about everyone that hooks to a trailer around here is illegal. I am not hooked up to my trailer full time like a semi would be, and I can't imagine that everyone with a truck over 8K GVW considers their boat/travel/whatever trailer when buying a tag.

26) "Commercial motor vehicle" means any vehicle which is not owned or operated by a governmental entity, which uses special fuel or motor fuel on the public highways, and which has a gross vehicle weight of 26,001 pounds or more, or has three or more axles regardless of weight, or is used in combination when the weight of such combination exceeds 26,001 pounds gross vehicle weight. A vehicle that occasionally transports personal property to and from a closed-course motorsport facility, as defined in s. 549.09(1)(a), is not a commercial motor vehicle if the use is not for profit and corporate sponsorship is not involved. As used in this subsection, the term "corporate sponsorship" means a payment, donation, gratuity, in-kind service, or other benefit provided to or derived by a person in relation to the underlying activity, other than the display of product or corporate names, logos, or other graphic information on the property being transported

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.c...H0320/Sec01.HTM