Quote:

I think I am legal with my truck. My truck GVW is 11500. I have it registered at 19999. My trailer is 10000 GVW. My truck actual weight is 7800 lbs empty with me and my trailer is right at 10K loaded. So by my math I am at 17800 GVW when riding down the road and in Florida as long as I don't exceed 65' total lenght I believe I am safe. So did I do everything right?

You didn't mention whether it could be considered Commercial use or not? Be very certain you never exceed 10,000lbs on on trailer, I don't remember if the break point on the trailer is 10,000, or 10,0001 lbs you make want to find out and reregister trailer and minor cost if that applies( you do not get to deduct tongue weight). You also did not mentioned whether its diesel ( fuel permits on interstate travel , usually when exceeding 26,000lbs) trip permits, etc. If you seldom leave the state, the better. Don't haul any hazard materials you don't have to ( race car fuel tank is OK) I am not an expert, I've just been tripped up a number of times. "safe" is hard to answer, but it does sound right.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.