Moparts

Warning for racing rigs in Pa.

Posted By: B G Racing

Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 05:56 PM

Got pulled over at a weigh station by Pa.DOT.They are enforcing the combination weight licence requirments.They said that's it's be in the news papers and on the radio for the last 4 days,(never heard of it)If your combination weight exceeds the gross weight of your truck(regestered)then you must retitle and register your tow vehicle for your combination gross weight.If your gross weight exceeds 26,000 lbs then you also meed a CDL licence,if your trailer exceeds 10,000 lbs,you need a CDL licence.At any rate 90% of the truck/trailer combos are illegal and they will be enforcing the regulations.I got off easy,$1100 fine,I have a CDL,now I have to re-register my truck for the combo weight.They were nailing,horse trailers,open trailers,and box trailers.The state wants the extra revenue,now we must stop at all weigh stations,there is no more recreation/private use status unless your plated recreational or motorhome.Be aware.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/11/08 05:58 PM

Posted By: DV8

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 05:59 PM

WOW! That's hot news! Thanks for the heads up.

Steve
Posted By: BBLM23

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 06:01 PM

Quote:

are they enforcing this for out of state vehicles ?

I was wondering the same thing. Div 1 ET finals next month...
Posted By: aarlucas

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 06:02 PM

It's getting bad out there. Florida has a special rule too. We have never been pulled over, but I know others from out of state who have and they said they will never race in Florida again as a result.
Posted By: kens avenger

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 06:08 PM

I tried to tell alot in here in the past on a thread about this.. ....its going to get worse.. i have a trucking Co. and know most of the DOT laws in Florida and they change alot to.. but it fell on death ears I think... maybe they will listen to you Bob...

Jimmy (blown572dart) and me had convo. on the phone on this friday

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 06:12 PM

The very pleasent DOT officer said this follows the federal transportation act guidelines. and if yor rig falls in the CDL requirements you must keep a log book.I will keep everyone informed as I go through the process and pending hearing and get more info.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 06:15 PM

So would a MH w/ an enclosed trailer get by?

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 06:34 PM

I,am sure the motorhome will,the trailer might be another issue.Heck,I've been passibg the scales in most all states and usually if I get flagged in they just wave me through.Ever since a family was wipe out here in Pa. they have cracked down on all towed rigs.A drug head tree cutting guy didn't hook up his chipper properly,(no safty chains,lock pin,or breakaway)It came off hitting a van killing the entire family except one young twin.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 06:42 PM

Quote:

I will bet the answer is YESSIR!!! I remember a post a few years ago that chronicled the same thing. A non-state resident traveling to a race at Norwalk. Trailer was impounded and operator heavily fined. Many replied with the same experience...impounded trailer and heavy fines. BTW Good post!

You are subject to the laws of the state you visit/occupy.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 06:43 PM

Guys, I really don't have a lot of sympathy for you. This topic has been hammered numerous times here on moparts. And the usual response was "it doesn't effect me, why should i care?" Well it does effect you, and the way you protect YOUR rights is by protecting the other guys rights first. Well did anybody now complaining speak up for the other guy? No I didn't think so.

These basic laws have been around for years. They constantly increase enforcement as they slowly tighten the noose. Just because you get away with something, doesn't mean that it will be the case for long. You are dreaming. IMO it is possible with a very strick interpretation of the existing laws to make almost every single truck on the road today illegal. What kind of legal system is that?

Back to specifics, there is one area IMO that should be the line in the sand on this whole matter. Please pay attention. You as a us citizen has certain rights. They are very difficult to mess with as much as those in charge try. However a business, which is anything commercial has zero constituitional rights. Therefore if the government can get something classified as "commercial", any laws can be passed and then enforced with no rights to worry about. "Commercial" is usually defined as any endeavor to attempt to recieve financial gain. Those that fit this category, join the rest of us in business and bend over, it is not going to end. The rest of you guys, weekend racers and hobbyists, raise stinking bloody murder, and just don't think becuase your state ie currently lenient, its not coming, and its a lot easier to start stopping it now.

You guys have no idea what you are in for.

PS Any commercial trailer over 10,000lbs requires at least a driver with a Class "A" CDL, random drug tested, yearly medical exam ( no BP over 140/90) and if hauling ANY hazard materials ( race fuel), every 2? years a criminal background check, and a curent up to date/hr 8 day log book if you are 100+ miles from home base for starts

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/11/08 06:50 PM

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 06:54 PM

No, all my business trucks are "not for hire", just means you won't rent/lease them, but they are all for commercial use by me.

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/11/08 06:55 PM

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 07:00 PM

Getting away/under from the 10,000lb trailer is a huge benefit, as is getting under 26,000 combined gross weight ( trailer and truck loaded). Also keep in mind simpley hauling your personal items to a swap meet, whether you actually sell anything or not, is defined as commercial use, ie you were planning on reciving finacial gain. The usual solution to many of these laws is to simpley lie. Which I personally do not condone.
Posted By: 10sec440

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 07:05 PM

Quote:

The very pleasent DOT officer said this follows the federal transportation act guidelines.

So I take that as meaning this is law in EVERY STATE?

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/11/08 07:06 PM

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 07:15 PM

Well, you are now considerd illegal, join the crowd , be sure to keep that trailer under 9900 though. You will need to reregister, that will effect your truck insurance, might effect zoning laws if you take truck/trailer home, it never ends.
Reg US DOT guidelines, the pattern I believe is that many states adopt them, but it is not mandatory, and the reason is someone from another state enters PA and gets busted and says how is he supposed to know the laws of PA ( guess he never heard ignorance is not defense line), so we are rapidly in the US approaching a single state status anyway, with a national ID/DL card not for behind because of all the warnings from homeland security to keep the bad guys out

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 07:19 PM

The big problem that has exist in Pa is that many of the enforcement people don't clearly understand the transportation laws for both inter and intra state as well as the agriculture exemptions,construction( Pa.tow behind act of 1981,and so forth)It has been up to the discretion of the enforcement offices at the time of incident.Now because of the public outcry for legislation(gov't to save us from our selves)do we find the noose tightening and states following the Federal guidlines.We are also in the constuction industry and was in to farming and can only say that the state regulations differ from the Federal regs,but when it comes down to legal interpitation the Federal takes president.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 07:22 PM

Yep, little by little, state by state, SC, PA, FL...if you think that's bad wait until CA starts pounding on this deal. Not only will all of the Fed Commercial Vehicle regs be required, and a CHP BIT inspection every 90 days, you should see what CA is requring for CARB (The clean air kunckleheads) are requiring in the next few years for commerical trucks. Side skirts, Airfoils, single wide tires, diesel engine complaince/retro fit...

...no idea what you're in for is right.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 07:22 PM

I would guess that this makes everyone hauling their race cars on open trailers with half ton pickups an easy mark. What a money maker.

Bob, if I understand this correct, if the truck has a 6000 GVW, and the trailer weighs 2000, the car another 3500, for a total of 11,500, the truck has to be licensed for that, the total weight? That correct?

Under that scenario, one would almost have to have a one ton truck to even pull an open trailer.

This makes open season on horse trailers, contractors, landscape guys hauling small equipment, race cars, virtually everything. I remember the incident you quote where the cokehead killed a bunch of innocents, and agree that sort of thing has to be addressed.

But, this is not the way. I have no problem with them checking the trailers for inspection, making sure brakes work, etc., but beating the citizens out of a thousand bucks a clip is going to kill business in Pennsyvlania even more.

I gotta tell you, this has all the markings of another money grab by the current state administration. Fast Eddie is the best at separating you from your money....and he's my boss!!

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 07:25 PM

Quote:

so a simple solution is to weigh the whole truck and rig and retag the g.w. accordingly ?? or does the non commercial proclamation "NOT FOR HIRE" lettering on the truck exempt you from commercial status?

NOT FOR HIRE means nothing. If you haul something in the trailer/with the truck, you ARE using it for a commercial purpose. Swap meet, car show, little league equipment...doesn't matter. In the "old days" it helped with not having to have log books, CDL's, etc...not anymore.
Posted By: GTSDave

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 07:27 PM

You got it right when you said money grab. It is all about the money. At some point in time the people will have had enough. I reached that point years ago.

Looks like PA is off my list of places I wanted to race, too bad. Looks like a lot of nice folks, and racers out there.

-Dave

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 07:34 PM

Quote:

The big problem that has exist in Pa is that many of the enforcement people don't clearly understand the transportation laws for both inter and intra state as well as the agriculture exemptions,construction( Pa.tow behind act of 1981,and so forth)It has been up to the discretion of the enforcement offices at the time of incident.Now because of the public outcry for legislation(gov't to save us from our selves)do we find the noose tightening and states following the Federal guidlines.We are also in the constuction industry and was in to farming and can only say that the state regulations differ from the Federal regs,but when it comes down to legal interpitation the Federal takes president.

That's a big problem everywhere, I'd guess. We're (My Saftey Supervisor) is currently going around and around with the CHP involving the recent ticketing of our trucks due to overlength tickets...on a route we've been driving on (with no citations) for over 20 years!! All of a sudden we're getting ticktes and NO TWO people at the CHP can agree on why. Even the COMMERCIAL SUPERVISOR doesn't have the knowledge of why we're getting ticketed...BY CHP officers for God's sake!!

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/11/08 07:41 PM

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 07:46 PM

Be careful with the use of the word "profit" its really "financial compensation" or gain, ie, you may race and recieved winnings of say $50, but there is no real "profit" since it cost you to race say maybe $300 in fuel, hotels, meals, tolls etc. but it would be considered "commercial" just not profitable.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 07:55 PM

I asked V. Gaines how he got by with his rig. That thing is a monster. He replied that it is registered as Auto Transport, which has different guidelines.
Not sure if it is the same now though.
V. Gaines owns Western Trucking in Denver.

Chris..

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 07:56 PM

Steve,you are correct.Fred I told the pleasent officer that I raced for a hobby not profit,he said he didn't care if I got a trophy or blue ribbon for a pie contest,the State Of Pa wants their money and I will be bound by the gross vehicle weight regulations if I was carrying goats,pigs,gerbils(for Fred)There is no distinction for profit or non-profit,the only exemption would be for Receational plated vehicles.So if your hauling you Aunts upright piano and it puts you over your gvw your screwed.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 08:05 PM

Quote:

the only exemption would be for Receational plated vehicles.So if your hauling you Aunts upright piano and it puts you over your gvw your screwed.

Not sure if I agree with that, and strangely we are only going by the definition given by the enforcer (the DOT officer) and not by the defintion decided by the decider ( a judge). And as another poster stated very plainly, the current laws are so obtuse, arbitrary, and complicated, you can't get even two officers to agree on amost anything in the same dept.

Anybody collecting $1100 for 1/2hr worth of effort ought to be pleasant.

So Everybody ready to replate as a RV?
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 08:07 PM

http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 08:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

the only exemption would be for Receational plated vehicles.So if your hauling you Aunts upright piano and it puts you over your gvw your screwed.

Not sure if I agree with that, and strangely we are only going by the definition given by the enforcer (the DOT officer) and not by the defintion decided by the decider ( a judge). And as another poster stated very plainly, the current laws are so obtuse, arbitrary, and complicated, you can't get even two officers to agree on amost anything in the same dept.

Anybody collecting $1100 for 1/2hr worth of effort ought to be pleasant.

So Everybody ready to replate as a RV?

That's why I'am asking for a hearing,the local magistrate might have a different interpitation.She is a great person and personal friend of some of our racers I'am still reregitering my truck since I do a lot of traveling.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 08:16 PM

Quote:

http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

I can't speak for any of the other states at this time, but the enclosed chart has some errors in my home state of Fla, so be warned

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 08:22 PM

I think I am legal with my truck. My truck GVW is 11500. I have it registered at 19999. My trailer is 10000 GVW. My truck actual weight is 7800 lbs empty with me and my trailer is right at 10K loaded. So by my math I am at 17800 GVW when riding down the road and in Florida as long as I don't exceed 65' total lenght I believe I am safe. So did I do everything right?

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 08:24 PM

Quote:

That's why I'am asking for a hearing,the local magistrate might have a different interpitation.

Thats great , but she will have the final say, not the officer. Suggest you do your homework on this issue.

Part of the problem is not always the officers fault. The laws have been rewritten for a long time. There are many different agencies tasked with each of their own agendas. Many don't care and have little reason to enforce another agencies regulations. There is a lot of overlap. And if you concede to one policy, at that moment it makes you subject to many more regulations you have little idea about. There is no single source you can go to to figure this all out.
Posted By: Uncle Barry

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 08:26 PM

bob, so is it law then to have to carry a medical card also?
Posted By: BJS racing

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 08:32 PM

Quote:

bob, so is it law then to have to carry a medical card also?

If it is at all considered a "commercial" vehicle YES! So if they were to pull you over with the idea that you have a commercial vehicle then the first thing they ask for is your medical card! Ask me how I know!

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 08:33 PM

Quote:

I think I am legal with my truck. My truck GVW is 11500. I have it registered at 19999. My trailer is 10000 GVW. My truck actual weight is 7800 lbs empty with me and my trailer is right at 10K loaded. So by my math I am at 17800 GVW when riding down the road and in Florida as long as I don't exceed 65' total lenght I believe I am safe. So did I do everything right?

You didn't mention whether it could be considered Commercial use or not? Be very certain you never exceed 10,000lbs on on trailer, I don't remember if the break point on the trailer is 10,000, or 10,0001 lbs you make want to find out and reregister trailer and minor cost if that applies( you do not get to deduct tongue weight). You also did not mentioned whether its diesel ( fuel permits on interstate travel , usually when exceeding 26,000lbs) trip permits, etc. If you seldom leave the state, the better. Don't haul any hazard materials you don't have to ( race car fuel tank is OK) I am not an expert, I've just been tripped up a number of times. "safe" is hard to answer, but it does sound right.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 08:40 PM

Quote:

You didn't mention whether it could be considered Commercial use or not? Be very certain you never exceed 10,000lbs on on trailer, I don't remember if the break point on the trailer is 10,000, or 10,0001 lbs you make want to find out and reregister trailer and minor cost if that applies( you do not get to deduct tongue weight). You also did not mentioned whether its diesel ( fuel permits on interstate travel , usually when exceeding 26,000lbs) trip permits, etc. If you seldom leave the state, the better. Don't haul any hazard materials you don't have to ( race car fuel tank is OK) I am not an expert, I've just been tripped up a number of times. "safe" is hard to answer, but it does sound right.

Car shows and drag racing and no decals are on anything. I guess Commercial use is in the eye of the beholder at this point. The truck is a Dodge dually with a diesel. Rarely leave the state of Florida. I go to Georgia every now and then though.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 08:54 PM

You keep referring to registering your trailer. I'm
in Mich here and for a private trailer(non-commercial)
we have a permanent plate and I haul it with my
pick up with a normal pick up plate. Also I was told
by Chrylers Hasmat group we could haul less than
110 gals of fuel otherwise I had to have a CDL. So
from what your saying I have no idea if I'm legal
or not
Posted By: SLEDGEHAMMER

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 09:07 PM

USDOT/FHWA- Code of Federal Regulations.
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/...0&TYPE=TEXT
Commercial motor vehicle means any self-propelled or towed motor
vehicle used on a highway in interstate commerce to transport passengers
or property when the vehicle--
(1) Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight , or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, of 4,536 kg
(10,001 pounds) or more, whichever is greater; or
(2) Is designed or used to transport more than 8 passengers
(including the driver) for compensation; or
(3) Is designed or used to transport more than 15 passengers,
including the driver, and is not used to transport passengers for
compensation; or
(4) Is used in transporting material found by the Secretary of
Transportation to be hazardous under 49 U.S.C. 5103 and transported in a
quantity requiring placarding under regulations prescribed by the
Secretary under 49 CFR, subtitle B, chapter I, subchapter C.

In Maryland DOT has been pulling over landscaping company pickup trucks with trailers behind them and busting them for not having DOT# or USDOT# and medical cards when they are over 10,000 GCVW. The biggest thing is having the medical card.

It will be interesting now that we are expected to be managed by the DOT as commercial enterprises and then the IRS wants to declare racing for most of us as a "Hobby".

The way I feel the gov't can't have it both ways.
Posted By: hemiparts

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 09:13 PM

Steve Earwood ( pres of Rockingham Dragway) held a meeting of the NC Motorsports Assoc. last week NC has the same laws, that are now being enforced on I-85 and this presents a big problem with the 1st annual Carolina Nationals NHRA race in Sept @ the new Lowes Dragstrip.
Posted By: Uncle Barry

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 09:15 PM

then if people has to have a cdl to haul their race cars with their pickups, they should be allowed to take their cdl driving exam with their pickups. i would like to see somebody try and pull that off. you and i know that wouldnt be allowed to happen.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 09:25 PM

Quote:

then if people has to have a cdl to haul their race cars with their pickups, they should be allowed to take their cdl driving exam with their pickups. i would like to see somebody try and pull that off. you and i know that wouldnt be allowed to happen.

I did it....with my F350 and my 32Ft Enclosed trailer.

I have my "restricted" Class A CDL. I don't have my air brake endorsement which is why it is restricted.

When I presented my registration of the truck and trailer they were like you can't use this for your CDL driving test. I pointed out don't go by the registrations go out to the truck and open the door. That is what the DOT officer is going to do...the sticker in the door is 13000lbs on the truck and my trailer is 15500lbs.

Then I stated the last time I checked at 28500lbs...I need a class A CDL. So if I need a CDL to drive this vehicle why can I not present it to take the test? They could not give me a reason why I couldn't so off we went for my road test.
Posted By: Outlaw10_5

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 09:37 PM

At least for FL, what about...

S2296 GENERAL BILL by Posey; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard
Commercial Motor Vehicles [EPCC]; Exempts certain vehicles that
occasionally transport personal property to and from closed-course
motorsport facilities from the definition of "commercial motor vehicle"
for the purposes of statutory provisions relating to state uniform
traffic control and statutory provisions governing motor vehicle
licenses and driver's licenses, etc. EFFECTIVE DATE: 07/01/2008.
- - - - - - - -

CODING: Words stricken are deletions; words underlined are additions.
An act relating to commercial motor vehicles; amending s.
316.003, F.S.; exempting certain vehicles that
occasionally transport personal property to and from
closed-course motorsport facilities from the definition of
"commercial motor vehicle" for purposes of statutory
provisions relating to state uniform traffic control;
amending ss. 320.01 and 322.01, F.S.; exempting certain
vehicles that occasionally transport personal property to
and from closed-course motorsport facilities from the
definition of "commercial motor vehicle" for purposes of
statutory provisions governing motor vehicle licenses and
driver's licenses; providing an effective date.
Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Florida:
Section 1. Subsection (66) of section 316.003, Florida
Statutes, is amended to read:
316.003 Definitions.--The following words and phrases, when
used in this chapter, shall have the meanings respectively
ascribed to them in this section, except where the context
otherwise requires:
(66) COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE.--Any self-propelled or towed
vehicle used on the public highways in commerce to transport
passengers or cargo, if such vehicle:
(a) Has a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 pounds or
more;
(b) Is designed to transport more than 15 passengers,
including the driver; or
(c) Is used in the transportation of materials found to be
hazardous for the purposes of the Hazardous Materials
Transportation Act, as amended (49 U.S.C. ss. 1801 et seq.).
A vehicle that occasionally transports personal property to and
from a closed-course motorsport facility, as defined in s.
549.09(1)(a), is not a commercial motor vehicle if it is not used
for profit and corporate sponsorship is not involved. As used in
this subsection, the term "corporate sponsorship" means a
payment, donation, gratuity, in-kind service, or other benefit
provided to or derived by a person in relation to the underlying
activity, other than the display of product or corporate names,
logos, or other graphic information on the property being
transported.
Section 2. Subsection (26) of section 320.01, Florida
320.01 Definitions, general.--As used in the Florida
Statutes, except as otherwise provided, the term:
(26) "Commercial motor vehicle" means any vehicle which is
not owned or operated by a governmental entity, which uses
special fuel or motor fuel on the public highways, and which has
a gross vehicle weight of 26,001 pounds or more, or has three or
more axles regardless of weight, or is used in combination when
the weight of such combination exceeds 26,001 pounds gross
vehicle weight. A vehicle that occasionally transports personal
property to and from a closed-course motorsport facility, as
defined in s. 549.09(1)(a), is not a commercial motor vehicle if
the use is not for profit and corporate sponsorship is not
involved. As used in this subsection, the term "corporate
sponsorship" means a payment, donation, gratuity, in-kind
service, or other benefit provided to or derived by a person in
relation to the underlying activity, other than the display of
product or corporate names, logos, or other graphic information
on the property being transported.
Section 3. Subsection ( of section 322.01, Florida
322.01 Definitions.--As used in this chapter:
( "Commercial motor vehicle" means any motor vehicle or
motor vehicle combination used on the streets or highways, which:
(a) Has a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 pounds or
more;
(b) Is designed to transport more than 15 persons,
including the driver; or
(c) Is transporting hazardous materials and is required to
be placarded in accordance with Title 49 C.F.R. part 172, subpart
F.
A vehicle that occasionally transports personal property to and
from a closed-course motorsport facility, as defined in s.
549.09(1)(a), is not a commercial motor vehicle if the use is not
for profit and corporate sponsorship is not involved. As used in
this subsection, the term "corporate sponsorship" means a
payment, donation, gratuity, in-kind service, or other benefit
provided to or derived by a person in relation to the underlying
activity, other than the display of product or corporate names,
logos, or other graphic information on the property being
transported.
Section 4. This act shall take effect July 1, 2008.

And unless somthing has changed, there is no way to tag a FL trailer RV. All tags are just tags and not for "purpose". Cargo and RV - same tag.
Posted By: A990

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 09:48 PM

I have to chime in here with a question.

Just what is meant by "...a highway in interstate commerce"...

Im sorry, but hauling to a shop or car show or test~n~tune etc is hardly commerce

(Sounds like Florida inserted some common sense verbiage)
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 10:38 PM

"The Not So NEW DOT Regulations That Impact Car, Boat, and Horse Enthusiasts
By Mary Cedeno

The Regulations are NOT new. They seem new because we simply went on our merry way before and never thought about them. But when our friends started getting pulled over and cited and told to get US Dept. of Transportation (USDOT) numbers, they kind of got our attention.

However, simply obtaining a DOT number is not where the difficulty lies. It is what comes AFTER that. Any commercial vehicle operating in interstate commerce, who obtains a USDOT number, is required to abide by the FMCSA Safety Regulations. This includes keeping a daily log book, certain safety training, vehicle inspections, annual log reviews, etc and so on…obviously meant for COMMERCIAL transporters. There are strict requirements for these log books, it’s not simply writing down your mileage from one place to the next. If you are interested in learning more about these regulations, you can stop at any truck stop and purchase the 661 page “Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Pocketbook” for about $5. Oh, but don’t forget to grab the $2 (or so) “Official Deluxe Duplicate Copy DRIVER’S DAILY LOG” – because you’ll need that too if you get your USDOT number and intend to travel across state lines (even with your hobby race or show car).

Hobbyists, trailering their car, horse or boat to an event, are being stopped on the roads by enforcement officers all across the country and told they need a DOT number. The hobbyists are simply taking their hobby vehicle to a show or race event. They are on the road perhaps five or six times a year with their vehicles, in summer weather usually, and often towing some of their most valued possessions. To hold hobbyists to the same commercial standards as commercial transporters simply does not make sense. And the lawmakers obviously agreed - which is why they specifically wrote certain applicability requirements into the exceptions of the regulation.

Specifically, 390.3(f) Exceptions. Unless otherwise specifically provided, the rules in this subchapter do not apply to -

(f)(3) The occasional transportation of personal property by individuals not for compensation nor in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise;

Even with the Guidance below, supplied by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, hobbyists are being stopped and cited by enforcement officers.

Question 21: Does the exemption in §390.3(f)(3) for the “occasional transportation of personal property by individuals not for compensation nor in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise” apply to persons who occasionally use CMVs to transport cars, boats, horses, etc., to races, tournaments, shows or similar events, even if prize money is offered at these events?

Guidance: The exemption would apply to this kind of transportation, provided: (1) The underlying activities are not undertaken for profit, i.e., (a) prize money is declared as ordinary income for tax purposes, and (b) the cost of the underlying activities is not deducted as a business expense for tax purposes; and, where relevant; (2) corporate sponsorship is not involved. Drivers must confer with their State of licensure to determine the licensing provisions to which they are subject.

SO, WHY ARE HOBBYISTS BEING TARGETED?
I asked a question of two different Federal Officers …What if a person is a member of a car club and the club obtains money from sponsors, the car is required to run the decals of the sponsors. The prize money for anyone who wins is made up partly of the money the club obtained from sponsors and partly from membership dues. Now, is that considered corporate sponsorship? BOTH of the agents I spoke with told me no, that would be prize money and the exception would still apply if they claimed it as regular income and did not write off expenses as part of a business. The difference is Corporate Sponsorship is what is paid to an individual whether they win a race or not, endorsement money is based on a driver winning and is therefore PRIZE money.

Part of the problem appears to be how the officer stopping you interprets what he/she is seeing. And, how do you, as the one being ticketed and potentially impounded, prove to the officer that you are simply a HOBBY racer and not in business or under a corporate sponsorship?

Even the people answering the phones at the FMCSA Help Line do not know about this exception and insisted anything over 10,000 lbs combined must have a DOT number. I spoke with supervisor after supervisor, until they finally referred me to the FMCSA Enforcement Office in Washington.

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE
According to the IRS, a business venture needs to have profit as its primary motive and the individuals involved need to spend a substantial amount of time participating in the venture. In order to write off business expenses the business needs to be profitable within three years and have a profit two out of five years with very few exceptions to this rule.

Just because you may have a lot of money invested into it, unless it is specifically performed for PROFIT and your “business” turns a profit in at least two of five years (generally speaking), then you have yourself a hobby, not a business.

So here we are, the hobby racer, seemingly stuck in the middle of two opposing federal rules. But not so, the IRS clearly defines the rules of business, and with the GUIDANCE in question 21 above, the FMCSA has clearly defined “commercial”. But unless the enforcement officer agrees, you will still be ticketed.

CONSEQUENCES OF USDOT NUMBERING
Some of you are wondering, “Wouldn’t it be easier to just get the DOT number and be done with it?”

Well, if you are operating a commercial motor vehicle over 10,000lbs for business purposes, you have no choice, you must get the DOT number. However, if you are a hobbyist abiding by all the restrictions of the exception noted above, and you still want to get the DOT number and cross state lines, you WILL be subject to the DOT safety regulations just as they apply to the commercial truckers.

If you are driving a 26,000 lb or more CMV, you are most likely required to obtain a CDL (commercial drivers’ license). This will kick in even more restrictions, including annual drug and alcohol screening. However, if you are operating an RV - these CDL rules may not apply.

APPLICABLE OR NOT, HERE THEY COME
Well, here it is. The Federal government has given us an exception to the applicability of the DOT numbering requirements; they gave their guidance describing who exactly gets the exception. Both are available for review online by anyone who would like to look at them. And then we have the enforcement agent.

It seems that some of the DOT enforcement officers are unaware of the exception and may have never seen the interpretation in the FMCSA guidance documents. They may be having difficulty determining who IS a business and who is not. So, they appear to be requiring EVERYONE to get a DOT number….even though the regulation stipulates hobbyists as described above, don’t need one.

It’s the equivalent to hauling in all the redheads on the block because someone saw a redhead committing a crime. If the police did this, they would be in the wrong and there would be many, many people pointing it out. So where is all the fuss? Why isn’t anyone saying anything? I think folks are intimidated and afraid to speak out. After all, the enforcement officer wields a lot of power over the average driver and they CAN make your life difficult - if only for a short time.

In the end, hobbyists are subject NOT to the actual regulations, but to the INTERPRETATION by the officer who stops us on any given day, in any given state. Just because we may be right does not mean we won’t get stopped by an officer somewhere who sees the rules/regulations differently.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?
If you ARE just a hobbyist and do not write off your expenses, and you want to take the exception, I suggest you not only carry a copy of the regulation and exception, but read it and understand it so that you can CALMLY explain it to the officer who may stop you. Because it sounds to me like the officers on the road are going to test your knowledge.

If you ARE cited, be sure take the opportunity to go to court to explain the situation and defend yourself. Because if you ARE just a hobbyist, the exemption in the regulations is written for YOU. If you do go to court, you might want to bring your tax records with you as proof.

Although all the States have adopted the federal regulation, be aware that individual States may have additional regulations written in to their traffic laws. It is your responsibility to contact the state where you plan to tow your vehicle and check on the regulations that apply. That is easier said than done of course. I personally was transferred over seven times on the phone when trying to find a DOT officer in one state who could tell me if they had any additional regulations that may apply. I ended up back at the first one who transferred me!

Don’t be shy. Contact your local track owners, state representatives and anyone else who will listen. There is an exception - if it does not apply to hobbyists - then who does it apply to?

RV’s AND THE USDOT NUMBERING REQUIREMENTS
OK, here’s the rub guys. You can get yourself a nice big toter home and tow your 50’ recreational stacker trailer anywhere you want and you won’t need to worry about those silly little DOT numbers. You can tow it all day long – cover 80ft of road and no worry. No USDOT requirements for RV’s used solely for recreational purposes, if you use them for business that’s something else and the regulations would apply.

CDL LICENSING
If your gross vehicle weight (GVW) or gross vehicle combined weight (GVCW) are over 26,000 lbs you are most likely required to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL). You might be able to get away with an RV Endorsement if you have an RV, but it varies from State to State and it might be easier just to get the CDL. However, the CDL licensing may kick additional regulations into play. Please contact your DMV office and ask the questions before you decide to get the CDL.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
FMCSA = Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

The specific regulation is 49 CFR 390.3
The FMCSA web site where the regulation and Guidance document are located are at:
www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/administration/fmcsr/390reg.htm "

I have been told by a FMCSA rep that ALL states have adopted this federal regulation.
My suggestion is to make a copy of the exemption and give it to the nice officer when he tries to cite you. If he continues get his Name (first and last) his badge number the Zone/district he works in and his commander/commandant name. Let him know that when you go to court to fight said citation and win you are going to writ a lerter to the papers in his zone letting the area residents and public officials know the facts and the continued harassment the law enforcment people to do keeping you from spending $$$ in their area.
Now mind you better have your I's crossed and T's doted cause he's gonna look for something ... but be polite and firm with your information.
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 11:09 PM

Quote:

The very pleasent DOT officer said this follows the federal transportation act guidelines. and if yor rig falls in the CDL requirements you must keep a log book.I will keep everyone informed as I go through the process and pending hearing and get more info.

Bob, If PA has so many extra DOT officers....maybe they can send them to the Border here in Texas to make sure all of the trucks coming across from Mexico are "safe". I see some of the biggest POS on the road hauling all over Texas with non functioning lights, re-treads getting ready to fly off, etc. Just ridiculous that DOT needs to be searching out the recreational tower.
Posted By: SCDaytona

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 11:26 PM

So my Dodge 2500 is rated at 8800 GVW. My trailer is 28' and registered at 9900 GVW. If I have to go register the truck for 18700 GVW, I will have to register it as commercial in CT. Not going to happen. If this is where this country is going, it is a sad day for all of us. I have spoke with several officers in the past and they said I was legal as did the local DMV. Now what is the law stating if the people enforcing the law don't know.
Posted By: kdalters

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 11:28 PM

Well, I guess everybody figured out how the state of PA is going to pay for all those toll boths they are going to put on I80! Federal guidlines have been around for decades. Some states opted to use them, some didn't. To get more federal highway funds, some of the states that didn't now are following federal guidlines. Same process goes for smog testing. Some states don't do it, some do.Every now & then, the feds will pressure a state to follow fed guidlines for smog inspections to receive federal money for highway upkeep & construction. Kinda like when the proctologist has BOTH hands on your back during an examination!

Kerry
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 11:32 PM

looks like it may be time to go back to some POS open trailer and tell them where to stick it

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 11:37 PM

Bob, one thing that wasn't brought up (or maybe I missed it) was, how are your vehicles registered?

Are they in your name or your companies name?
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 11:39 PM

Quote:

Guys, I really don't have a lot of sympathy for you. This topic has been hammered numerous times here on moparts. And the usual response was "it doesn't effect me, why should i care?" Well it does effect you, and the way you protect YOUR rights is by protecting the other guys rights first. Well did anybody now complaining speak up for the other guy? No I didn't think so.
you may want to reread your hax mat there has to be a certain quanity before you placard od need haz mat endorsement
These basic laws have been around for years. They constantly increase enforcement as they slowly tighten the noose. Just because you get away with something, doesn't mean that it will be the case for long. You are dreaming. IMO it is possible with a very strick interpretation of the existing laws to make almost every single truck on the road today illegal. What kind of legal system is that?

Back to specifics, there is one area IMO that should be the line in the sand on this whole matter. Please pay attention. You as a us citizen has certain rights. They are very difficult to mess with as much as those in charge try. However a business, which is anything commercial has zero constituitional rights. Therefore if the government can get something classified as "commercial", any laws can be passed and then enforced with no rights to worry about. "Commercial" is usually defined as any endeavor to attempt to recieve financial gain. Those that fit this category, join the rest of us in business and bend over, it is not going to end. The rest of you guys, weekend racers and hobbyists, raise stinking bloody murder, and just don't think becuase your state ie currently lenient, its not coming, and its a lot easier to start stopping it now.

You guys have no idea what you are in for.

PS Any commercial trailer over 10,000lbs requires at least a driver with a Class "A" CDL, random drug tested, yearly medical exam ( no BP over 140/90) and if hauling ANY hazard materials ( race fuel), every 2? years a criminal background check, and a curent up to date/hr 8 day log book if you are 100+ miles from home base for starts

Posted By: moparacer

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/11/08 11:59 PM

I have known about this for quite awhile. I never worried about it because my bro in law always drives and he has his CDLs.

And the "not for profit" non commercial thing doesn't fly because what are you going to the track to try and win?

Money......
Posted By: hemi_doug

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 12:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Bob, If PA has so many extra DOT officers....maybe they can send them to the Border here in Texas to make sure all of the trucks coming across from Mexico are "safe". I see some of the biggest POS on the road hauling all over Texas with non functioning lights, re-treads getting ready to fly off, etc. Just ridiculous that DOT needs to be searching out the recreational tower.

The difference is the good people of PA can pay the fines....the Mexicans can't (or more likely DON'T)...and there in lies the rub....Like almost every traffic law....safety and common sense takes a back seat to $$$$$$$$$$$

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 12:26 AM

Ok...Help me understand. I have a new 08 Hemi Ram 1/2 ton--I have bought the extra weight on my NC tag to cover a combined 12000 lbs ( was some extra $$ but not too bad ) tag says WEIGHTED and my registration shows the 12000 OK I hook to my open trailer, go pick up a Roadrunner then I am approx 11000-11500 or so AM I OK?? Not a business, just found me a car and are heading home
Posted By: nasty68

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 12:43 AM

I am still trying to understand this. I thought that the sticker inside the door was just for the maximum weight the truck could haul including passangers and cargo. I didn't think it had anything to do with a trailer, thats why (at least in my state) you tag your trailer for the maximum amount of weight it will haul. My trucks sticker says 11,200 but the truck is 7500 empty, and my trailer is tagged for 7,000 and hauls a 4,000 pound jeep (for now) so i would think i would be ok because i am under the gvw for the truck and trailer? This has me worried about hauling my trailer period.
Posted By: runya

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 12:44 AM

So what about car dollys or trailers you get from Uhaul or Penskie, will those require CDL if they are over the limit?

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 12:57 AM

Quote:

I have known about this for quite awhile. I never worried about it because my bro in law always drives and he has his CDLs.

And the "not for profit" non commercial thing doesn't fly because what are you going to the track to try and win?

Money......

But what if you are going to track to try and tune that bog etc?

Success....
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 12:59 AM

Quote:

I would think the log book would only come into play if you were traveling across country and were driving around the guidelines of maxing out the hours you drive. I have driven a truck for 22 years locally and have never had to fill out a log book!

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:03 AM

There is a manufacture max gross combination(towing) weight.My Dodge 3500 is gvw at 12,200lbs my max combination weight is rated at 23,000lbs.I can only licence my total combo weight at the 23,000lbs even though my trailer is rated at 16,000lbs.Last night I was weighed at 20,200lbs,my fine was based on the difference of my truck gross and combo gross weight,8000lbs.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:03 AM

There is a manufacture max gross combination(towing) weight.My Dodge 3500 is gvw at 12,200lbs my max combination weight is rated at 23,000lbs.I can only licence my total combo weight at the 23,000lbs even though my trailer is rated at 16,000lbs.Last night I was weighed at 20,200lbs,my fine was based on the difference of my truck gross and combo gross weight,8000lbs.
Posted By: Phil Saran

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:09 AM

There is another big link over on www.classracer.com about this same subject
going on in NC and the effects it's having.
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:10 AM

If you read the CDL licensing requirements book in PA it contradicts it's self. I asked PennDOT for a clarification on the statements and got, "read the book it is in there." According to the book you may have a trailer OVER 10,000 lbs. and as long as your combination wt. does not exceede 26,001 lbs. you are not required to have a CDL. I have asked State Police officers who I personally know and they all came back with the same answer. Drive it. It's all a money racquet for the state or small town cops who think they are the greatest DOT officers. I carry the book with me in my console and as soon as someone says something about it, that book is coming out and I have the page photocopied to give the the nice officer.
Posted By: MFR426

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:15 AM

I have looked at this post as well as other post from other sites with great interest. I have tried to weed through the FMCSA regulations many times myself and I carry a copy of the exemption page that states RV's are exempt as the Vehicle Reg's say but they have changed it from a year or so ago as it now says "recreational vehicles operating under their own power." So since I have a 48 Ft. Gooseneck that is titled and licensed as an Rv I'm going to keep my old copy in the truck. I'm lucky as I have the Class A CDL as I drive a school bus so all I think I would need would be the log book and if made to, the DOT but as General applicabilty Part 390.3 (f)( 3) states "f) Exceptions. Unless otherwise specifically provided, the rules in this subchapter do not apply to —(f)(3) The occasional transportation of personal property by individuals not for compensation nor in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise;" I'll be carrying a copy of that along with my past year IRS documents. I tried to catch the Indiana DOT police as they were inspecting our busses to ask them their viewpoint but they were to busy and I don't like interrupting them. Ha! While I was looking up this info on the FMCSA site, I was asked to take a survey and I really (nicely) let them have it on not having the exemptions better defined and examples so we could carry something with us to show the DOT officers and implied that there is inconsistency in the interpretation by officers. Don't know if it will help, but can't hurt.
It is hard to beleive that we have come to having to carry our tax returns with us to prove that our property is ours and not a business to enjoy a hobby!
Thanks!
MFR426

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:17 AM

Quote:

OK, but where do they get that spec from? I also have a 3500 (05 dually) which Dodge claims has a 16,900 lb towing capacity. It also is 12,200 GVW.

Again, it's a different state, but the only way to tag something by CGVW here is a cab and chassis. Pickups over 10K GVW get a December tag (commercial experation even tho it's personal) and don't have a CGVW limit by the tag.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:33 AM

look at your registration I also have a 05 dodge 3500 dually and on my registration it states gvw 26000 lbs gvw and I am here in fl.

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/12/08 01:41 AM

Posted By: Rapid588

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:45 AM

http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=11913

This same type of thread is going on in at least 5 different sites i know of .....

Mo money mo money for the states....until everybody sells their bigger rigs and the stiff fines and tag revenues go down....then they will have to come up with something else
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:46 AM

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:48 AM

Quote:

look at your registration I also have a 05 dodge 3500 dually and on my registration it states gvw 26000 lbs gvw and I am here in fl.

It's 11000, which is about 1200 different than the door sticker.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:52 AM

outlaw cant get that link to work not sure what that is but I just looked at my registration and its printed right on it gvw 26000

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:55 AM

Quote:

outlaw cant get that link to work not sure what that is but I just looked at my registration and its printed right on it gvw 26000

Better? I'm new at the pic thing, so sorry to everyone it came out so big, lol.

Anyway, you can see it's 11,000 and there is NO place for a CGVW which is what would matter for towing GVW is only what the single vehicle can carry.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 02:17 AM

my registration is just like that but says 26000
Posted By: kens avenger

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 02:19 AM

thats your taged weight.. and its to low..

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 02:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I would think the log book would only come into play if you were traveling across country and were driving around the guidelines of maxing out the hours you drive. I have driven a truck for 22 years locally and have never had to fill out a log book!

Even though there is zero consensus on this topic, it should be clear that adpting one policy to follow likely gets you under other less understood/undesired regulations. Walk very carefully here, it is a minefield.

On log books, in a nut shell with any DOT Number records must be kept. The DoT is allowed to visit without notice during normal business hours to ensurethe records are kept and up to date. Fines can approach $50K. If you are driving more then 100 miles as the crow flies from your base ( you can only have one) you must have an up to date/hour log book showing at least the entire prior 8 days of activity for the driver in the cab ready for review. If you are UNDER 100 miles, those records can be kept at the office, and of course you must not be driving beyond legal service hours. These records and others are subject to any unannouced audit by the DOT. Think about that. Nobody here follows that, nor likely really understands it. This whole topic is a major can of worms.

Changing the law, not following it is the real answer.
Posted By: Prostock

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 02:28 AM

Quote:

So my Dodge 2500 is rated at 8800 GVW. My trailer is 28' and registered at 9900 GVW. If I have to go register the truck for 18700 GVW,

Yep, thats the way it is.

A few year ago, the DOT cops sat outside if Maple Grove raceway in Reading PA citing for people who don't register their trucks "in combination" as per PA law. They had a field day raking in fines and it was all over the message boards.

You have to abide by the laws of the states you are towing through, no matter what your home state requires.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 02:35 AM

So right now I pay NY for 9600 for the Ram and 10000 for the 24' enclosed. I should be paying 19600 for the Ram AND I still need to pay 10000 for the trailer??? So I would be paying for 29600 pounds when I never would actually be more than 19600 pounds???
Posted By: mrrandyj

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 02:45 AM

Here in Connecticut they will not let you register the vehicle for more weight then the GVW that the truck is rated for. They run the VIN number and it gives them a range (on my truck it came up as 8501-9000 pounds.) I tried to register it for 10,500 because everything over 10,000 GVW in Connecticut is exempt from emissions, but they wouldn’t let me do it because it was over the range. Guess there is no way I could legally tow anything into PA.
Lets look at this another way, say you have a 3500 truck that the GVW on the door sticker is 14,500 but you live in PA so you register is for 24,490 so you can tow your enclosed car trailer that is rated for 9990 pounds. Does that mean if you are not towing your trailer, that you can now legally load up the back of the truck until just the truck weighs 24,990 pounds? How could the friendly PA DOT officer give you a ticket for being overweight if the truck was legally registered for it?

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 03:00 AM

Here is the FL law without all the gunk from my earlier post. It also has the staute # and the link to the page.

I will dig deeper into the tag issue, but I think it only matters for commercial, OR just about everyone that hooks to a trailer around here is illegal. I am not hooked up to my trailer full time like a semi would be, and I can't imagine that everyone with a truck over 8K GVW considers their boat/travel/whatever trailer when buying a tag.

26) "Commercial motor vehicle" means any vehicle which is not owned or operated by a governmental entity, which uses special fuel or motor fuel on the public highways, and which has a gross vehicle weight of 26,001 pounds or more, or has three or more axles regardless of weight, or is used in combination when the weight of such combination exceeds 26,001 pounds gross vehicle weight. A vehicle that occasionally transports personal property to and from a closed-course motorsport facility, as defined in s. 549.09(1)(a), is not a commercial motor vehicle if the use is not for profit and corporate sponsorship is not involved. As used in this subsection, the term "corporate sponsorship" means a payment, donation, gratuity, in-kind service, or other benefit provided to or derived by a person in relation to the underlying activity, other than the display of product or corporate names, logos, or other graphic information on the property being transported

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.c...H0320/Sec01.HTM

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 03:15 AM

Quote:

Here is the FL law without all the gunk from my earlier post. It also has the staute # and the link to the page.

I will dig deeper into the tag issue, but I think it only matters for commercial, OR just about everyone that hooks to a trailer around here is illegal. I am not hooked up to my trailer full time like a semi would be, and I can't imagine that everyone with a truck over 8K GVW considers their boat/travel/whatever trailer when buying a tag.

26) "Commercial motor vehicle" means any vehicle which is not owned or operated by a governmental entity, which uses special fuel or motor fuel on the public highways, and which has a gross vehicle weight of 26,001 pounds or more, or has three or more axles regardless of weight, or is used in combination when the weight of such combination exceeds 26,001 pounds gross vehicle weight. A vehicle that occasionally transports personal property to and from a closed-course motorsport facility, as defined in s. 549.09(1)(a), is not a commercial motor vehicle if the use is not for profit and corporate sponsorship is not involved. As used in this subsection, the term "corporate sponsorship" means a payment, donation, gratuity, in-kind service, or other benefit provided to or derived by a person in relation to the underlying activity, other than the display of product or corporate names, logos, or other graphic information on the property being transported

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.c...H0320/Sec01.HTM

But that would not mean squat if you drove to Pa for example.

On the post a couple back, just register the truck (power unit, tractor, etc) at what the combined fully loaded weight of both the trailer and the truck will be, which if I remember is 19+K lbs

On Haz mat, If I remember correctly, hauling over 110 gals of say fuel gets you a required CDL endorsement as a "bulk" carrier. Otherwise just a haz mat endorsement. There are a mulititude of different quantities for different items that trigger haz mat placards, and the amounts are rather small relative to what I think you guys carry to the races. And any US required placarded towed vehicle will really muck up your insurance, if they ask, be warned.
Posted By: moparatheart

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 03:34 AM

Wow, so here we have a cc comming up in Norwalk, and looks like we will lose money from the cc 131 rain date per the cc letter we received today!!! Now since I know that DOT is strict in OH, your saying there is a great possibility of getting pulled over, huge fine, possible impound. ......just cause it rained in MI and being forced to race or lose my moola!!
PS What is this world comming to???

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 03:39 AM

Quote:

Wow, so here we have a cc comming up in Norwalk, and looks like we will lose money from the cc 131 rain date per the cc letter we received today!!! Now since I know that DOT is strict in OH, your saying there is a great possibility of getting pulled over, huge fine, possible impound. ......just cause it rained in MI and being forced to race or lose my moola!!
PS What is this world comming to???

I go to Norwalk quite a bit and never been bothered
in Ohio
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 03:41 AM

Come and get me Cop'per !!!

Attached picture 4613223-2003_0101newtruck0803080004.JPG
Posted By: 69 Road Runner

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 09:47 AM

My motorhome is over 26,000 pounds, and Virginia does not require a CDL for motorhomes. Reciprocity laws require other states to accept that part.

Now other states can enforce the law that says your registration card says you can't haul over X GCVW.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 10:56 AM

Pa needs $$$$$$.Just like thier toll on Interstate 80.They want to tax eceryone so they can rebuild Philly.Its going to cost billions.Its kinda like Calif anymore.Too bad its not on a fault line and near the ocean so it can drop into the sea someday.Rocky

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 12:11 PM

Since CT won't let me register my Dodge 2500 over the truck rated GVW, how can I abide by Pa. laws? The next question I have is, I am planning to race in Virginia at VMP in late Sept. I will be driving through NY, NJ, Delaware,Maryland, Washington DC, and then Virginia using I-95, so do I have anything to worry about?

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 12:16 PM

So my NY registration goes against PA's interpretation:

NYSDMV.com:
Gross Vehicle Weight/Combination Ratings
The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) or Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) of a commercial motor vehicle is established by a manufacturer or qualified rebuilder or alterer of a single motor vehicle when new. The GVWR is placed on a required placard located on the vehicle's left door frame or door. This GVWR represents the weight rating for the unloaded vehicle, plus the maximum load and/or 150 lbs for each passenger the vehicle was designed to carry. This is important because the manufacturer has designed the vehicle to have the power and structural integrity to carry the load and the braking performance to stop the loaded vehicle.

GVWR/GCWR are not used to determine weights on titles and registrations. However, the GVWR or GCWR of a commercial motor vehicle, not the registered MGW, is used to determine the class of driver license required to operate the vehicle. Therefore, amending the MGW on a commercial motor vehicle registration does not affect the type of license a driver needs in order to legally operate it.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 12:31 PM

So a tow vehicle that is titled, plated and/or registered as a motor home should not be hassled ?

I ask this for a Bud who has a TOTERhome. And I have a vehicle that is clearly a motor home. So someone like me should have zero problems ? .... just as long as my visable safety equipment is in order.
Posted By: Mr. Smurf

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 12:39 PM

Maybe this is already in the thread, didn't read it all......

Y'all probably need a usdot number too. They are being real jerks about it here in Mi.

Do I need a DOT number

Ed
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 12:44 PM

In South Carolina, they dont even tag or register trailers

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:01 PM

Quote:

Since CT won't let me register my Dodge 2500 over the truck rated GVW, how can I abide by Pa. laws? The next question I have is, I am planning to race in Virginia at VMP in late Sept. I will be driving through NY, NJ, Delaware,Maryland, Washington DC, and then Virginia using I-95, so do I have anything to worry about?

Any of them could potentially get you for being overweight if you're over the GVWR or GCVWR.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:03 PM

Maybe all the states that require front and rear license plates should start ticketing all PA drivers for not having front plates.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:45 PM

There are only a couple of states that don't have reciprocity regarding DMV. So if your legal in your state your legal in theirs. But have ammunition to prove it

(the above is second hand info...so but sounds feasable)

Pennsylvania and North Carolina both have reciprocity.

Rickster
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 01:58 PM

I just read this whole thread and man do I have a headache.
Driving the car to the track is starting to look better and better.
Posted By: 69RR383

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 02:30 PM

Quote:

In South Carolina, they dont even tag or register trailers

Does this mean we can't pull our trailers in Pa? I f this is the case, then perhaps we shouldn't recognize Pa plates on anything--this is a big can of worms if states get in a pi$$ing contest over things like this--don't think it is the case as Chip and I have pulled his car to Columbus across several states a number of times with no problems. I thought all states had reciprocity

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 02:37 PM

Quote:

The problem with this is... what if you break a axle
or blow a rearend. Pretty much the other stuff doesnt
matter TOO MUCH, you can flat tow it but thats hard
to do with a broken axle or diff

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 02:39 PM

There's reciprocity, and then there's reciprocity.

Some states like OH may let you drive a rusted out pile of junk, but others won't. MD only requires that you get the car inspected when you buy it, and never again.

Some states require a non-CDL Class A license for a big motorhome like mine. VA doesn't have non-CDL Class A licenses, so it's impossible for me to get one. VA says a standard license is all I need.

Then there are states like NY that call a half ton pickup a commercial vehicle even if it's just a privately owned commuter vehicle not used for commercial purposes.

NY just changed the definition of commercial without contacting Websters.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 02:51 PM

Bob, one question: is the truck your own personal truck with private plates with no markings or were you using a company truck that is marked with a company name on it and commercial type plates? That may make a difference in the laws and what they were trying to enforce

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 03:15 PM

According to Pa.Dot it doesn't matter wether your private,commercial,or other wize,you must be regestered for your Gross combination weight if you pull a licenced trailer and the combination weight exceedes the gross weight of your tow vehicle.IE: if you have a truck that has a GVW of 10,000lbs and are towing a trailer with the laden weight of i0,000lbs you should register yourtruck for a GCVW of 20,000lbs,Rembember also any trailer over 10,001lbs or any truck or truck and trailer exceeding 26,001lbs requires a CDL licence and a health card. Also you must have a statement from the mfg as to the max combo towing weight.IE: My Dodge 3500 is 12,200GVW with a max towing GCVW of 23,000.I can't register my truck any higher unless it is modified and certified to do so.It is all based on axles,tire contact patch,braking capabilities,and structual design.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 04:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The problem with this is... what if you break a axle
or blow a rearend. Pretty much the other stuff doesnt
matter TOO MUCH, you can flat tow it but thats hard
to do with a broken axle or diff

Just Kidding. The thought of breaking something without a trailer

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 04:32 PM

Quote:

According to Pa.Dot it doesn't matter wether your private,commercial,or other wize,you must be regestered for your Gross combination weight if you pull a licenced trailer and the combination weight exceedes the gross weight of your tow vehicle.IE: if you have a truck that has a GVW of 10,000lbs and are towing a trailer with the laden weight of i0,000lbs you should register yourtruck for a GCVW of 20,000lbs,Rembember also any trailer over 10,001lbs or any truck or truck and trailer exceeding 26,001lbs requires a CDL licence and a health card. Also you must have a statement from the mfg as to the max combo towing weight.IE: My Dodge 3500 is 12,200GVW with a max towing GCVW of 23,000.I can't register my truck any higher unless it is modified and certified to do so.It is all based on axles,tire contact patch,braking capabilities,and structual design.

Now let me add one more worm to the can.

Make sure your tires on the trailer and truck are rated for the load you are carrying.

One of the things the DOT will do is go and look at the load rating of all the tires on the trailer and then compare that to the actual weight on the axles of the trailer and also the tow vehicle.

When I was stopped in Ohio at the westbound scales on I-70 pulling my 3-car wedge trailer with my F350 and was told to pull around back to be inspected. The first thing the DOT officer did was look at how I scaled and checked the rating on all the tires on my trailer and truck.

I failed the inspection due to the break-away battery was dead. I didnt' think about it someone had stolen the pin and cable from my break-away box. I always carry a spare so I didn't think anything about it when I just clipped in the spare and hooked up. Well not thinking that the whole time the pin was missing the electric brakes were energized and drained the battery.

As a result I was deemed "Out-of-Service aka OOS" by DOT till I went to the closest WalMart and got a replacement battery.

If you think it is difficult for racers....it is a real barrel of monkeys for the trucking companies expecially the small independent operators. This is part of the reason and the cost of fuel is why I am no longer in the auto transport business.

Every state is autonomous when it comes to transportation regulations. I have heard the saying, "Treat every state you enter like it is a seperate country." I was even told that by a Florida DOT officer while he was handing me my own personal gift of a $1000 fine for being over length with my F350 and 3-car wedge trailer.

The scary part is that I would have gotten the same ticket with my 32ft enclosed racecar trailer due to the way they interpreted the regulation on how they wrote me my fine. Any straight truck pulling a trailer over the length of 28ft requires an "over length" endorsement in Florida. The fine is $500 per a foot over the length of 28ft to the maximum of $1000.

The more and more I think about racing now.....going back to Amateur Radio is starting to look better and better.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 05:15 PM

Quote:

There are only a couple of states that don't have reciprocity regarding DMV. So if your legal in your state your legal in theirs. But have ammunition to prove it

(the above is second hand info...so but sounds feasable)

Pennsylvania and North Carolina both have reciprocity.

Rickster

BUT....you must also be legal for the towing laws for the state you are going through.

Also, I have been told that since tinted windows are illegal in PA, anyone driving through the state can be cited for them. The laws apply to everyone.

Reciprocity applies to licensing, not vehicle code as I understand it.

Some years ago all of the NHRA nitro trailers were all stopped at the CA border. They were too long for California law and weren't allowed in.

It took a call from NHRA to the governor, reminding him that if they canceled a national event because the transporters were illegal, the tax loss would be huge.

The governor granted a temporary exemption to get them in.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 05:36 PM

Do you pay by weight to register your trailer in PA? In NY I pay more annual registration fees for my 10000 pound limit trailer than I do for my 7000 pound limit trailer.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 06:22 PM

Quote:

Do you pay by weight to register your trailer in PA? In NY I pay more annual registration fees for my 10000 pound limit trailer than I do for my 7000 pound limit trailer.

I'm not exactly sure how they figure it, but my car trailer is $12 a year, and the boat is $6. One has two axles, the other one.

PA also offers permanent plates for trailers. I found out right after I renewed the car trailer plate for 5 years....
Posted By: Bill_LBSR

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 07:25 PM

Quote:

Also, I have been told that since tinted windows are illegal in PA, anyone driving through the state can be cited for them. The laws apply to everyone.

IIRC, if you have out of state tags, the state you are in can't give you an inspection ticket for tint or other inspection items. In Maryland tint is an inspection item, how can you give a ticket to someone that has out of state tags, if/when the inspection in their state allows tinted windows? That doesn't make any sense. But we are talking about the gov't, so who knows.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 07:31 PM

How do I find out what my combined towing / load rating is? My door sticker has GVWR 8800#'s but I didn't see anything that showed towing. The glove box sticker said the rear axle is a 6500# rated Dana.

It is an 2001.5 2500 Cummins Ram with the camper package (4 wheel disc, extra load springs, and sway bars.)

I didn't see what would be the towing rating.

-Dave

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 07:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

IIRC, if you have out of state tags, the state you are in can't give you an inspection ticket for tint or other inspection items. In Maryland tint is an inspection item, how can you give a ticket to someone that has out of state tags, if/when the inspection in their state allows tinted windows? That doesn't make any sense. But we are talking about the gov't, so who knows.

Thats easy to answer! Do you know every states laws on tinted windows? Its impossible to know every law for every state I don't care who you are. But if your smart when you get the ticket then you will send them info with a copy of your ticket back to them and say "LOOK". But thats about the best I can come up with.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 07:35 PM

Quote:

How do I find out what my combined towing / load rating is? My door sticker has GVWR 8800#'s but I didn't see anything that showed towing. The glove box sticker said the rear axle is a 6500# rated Dana.

It is an 2001.5 2500 Cummins Ram with the camper package (4 wheel disc, extra load springs, and sway bars.)

Dave, check the sticker again, there should be a GCVWR on the sticker as well.

I didn't see what would be the towing rating.

-Dave

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 07:52 PM

Just checked again and it aint there.

Shows GAWR Front (4,410) and GAWR Rear (6,084) then has some tire info with pressures. That's it. Maybe there is another sticker somewhere????

-Dave

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/12/08 07:59 PM

The overall load on the truck can not exceed the GVWR of the truck. So say the GVWR is 10,000 and the truck weighs 5,000. The load ON the truck can not exceed 5,000. But that is the actual load on the truck sitting still. So with a goose neck trailer that would mean that your ball weight. But make sure that you are under 26,000! The company truck and trailer by the numbers weighs in at 25,853! Now we couldn't have done that if we wtried to!

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 12:41 AM

Wish we were getting somewhere with this thread, but we are not. I see this being a very long rocky road ahead, enough to make some/many just park it or or only run say within 20 miles of haome and take that chance.

Since this will effect every facet of grass roots racing and the racing hobby, wouldn't someone like SEMA that has some proven political clout step up to the plate to get the bigshots to at least simplify and standardize the requirements? I mean SEMA is the one in the end who will get hurt the most if we all give up and quit.

Anybody know anybody at SEMa to link this to?
Posted By: nasty68

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 01:12 AM

I am also curious about the combined gross vehicle rating. I have a 2000 f350 dually and the only thing i see in the door is the gross vehicle weight rating also.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 01:19 AM

In Fla, when at the local tag agency, you just pick a weight, and pay the correct fee. The tag agency doesn't care or know enough to care.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 01:28 AM

This is from one of the other sites you guys referred to ,,,, he stated this referred to a TAG type trailer

quote;

Quote:

Federal regs define race car haulers as full trailers, meaning the weight of the trailer and contents are fully supported by the trailer axles, not the trucks. Truck and trailer total weight are used to compute loads for semi trailers where the weight of the load in the trailer is partially supported by the trailer and partly by the truck axles.

Posted By: nhramark

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 02:29 AM

This is one of the reasons I sold my triple axle tag. The way the rules read, a triple axle puts you into CDL territory no matter what.

If you have a pick-up truck and enclosed trailer with 2 axles, you should register your truck for the combined weight, carry a copy of that exemption, and that should cover you for all but the most Gonzo cop. My personal opinion is to not letter the trailer either, as it just attracts unwanted attention.

On the fuel transportation, my understanding is you are not required to placard your vehicle flammable unless you have more than 1,000 lbs of fuel. A 55 gallon drum is about half that, so most racers wouldn't be affected.

And don't placard your vehicle just to "cover yourself." Once you've opened that can of worms, you've just exposed yourself to all kinds of problems. Placards would likely make you an instant target for DOT enforcement.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 02:33 AM

Quote:

I am also curious about the combined gross vehicle rating. I have a 2000 f350 dually and the only thing i see in the door is the gross vehicle weight rating also.

I don't know the link for Ford, but here's the link for Dodge Trucks..

www.dodge.com/towing

Chris..
Posted By: ProStreetFm3

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 02:38 AM

This thread gives me a headache. So if I walk into a Dodge dealer and they sell me a truck that will tow 16,500lbs shouldn't I need a Cdl to drive it off the lot?

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 02:42 AM

Only if you are going to use it for commercial purposes. As stated, 10,001 lbs. and over for commercial use, must abide by CDL laws.
26,001 and over combined wt.=CDL.

Just weigh your rig and see where it falls.

Chris

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 02:46 AM

Thanks but I still have my Headache
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 02:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know the link for Ford, but here's the link for Dodge Trucks..

www.dodge.com/towing

Chris..

For Fords the The "Combined weight" or the GCWR {Gross Combined Weight Rating} is in the owners Manuel.

The GVWR {Gross Vehicle Weight Rating} is on the door sticker.

As a Example of My 2001 F150 Factory GCRW is 13000#

My GVWR is 6700#

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 02:55 AM

Just weigh your rig and see where it falls.

Chris

I'm going to have to do this... I never have
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 03:00 AM

The prospect of being held hostage 500 miles from home, by some cowboy with a gun and a badge who's trying to make his quota at my expense, makes me think about how bad I want to do this. If the rules could be understood by someone without a law degree or if you could get a straight answer to a question, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. The whole program is about relieving you of your hard earned cash. I'm not trying to run a trucking company, I just want to go to the race track once in awhile. I'd like to go the truck/LQ trailer route but it seems that we are being forced into the motorhome/small tag option.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 03:26 AM

Quote:

Have you considered selling the car and taking up knitting?

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 03:29 AM

Quote:

Make sure your tires on the trailer and truck are rated for the load you are carrying.

This would apply to any of you guys that have regular car tires, or put LT rated truck tires on your trailers.

LT truck tires are not legal on trailers in PA, only ST rated tires. Be ready to pay the fine if thats what you run and you cross our borders.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 03:33 AM

Quote:

This thread gives me a headache. So if I walk into a Dodge dealer and they sell me a truck that will tow 16,500lbs shouldn't I need a Cdl to drive it off the lot?

Do you have a trailer connected to it when you leave? If not, no. If so, maybe.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 04:14 AM

I'm glad the dot didn't see me today pulling a 15,000 lb. load plus the weight of the trailer and the extra i had in the truck bed. Dodge truck pulled it like a champ. Going to do it again tomorrow. Sure glad the trailer brakes work.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 10:21 AM

The days of towing a car with a 1500/150 pickup are numbered arent they. Are we gonna have to go back to flat-towing?

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 10:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 12:32 PM

Partial Possible Requirements/conditions for legal Dot Status:
Register Tag for Max expected GCW & pay appropriate fees
Have correct safety equipment regarding Fire extinguishers, safety triangles, etc in ea truck
esure all use equipment/tires in good order and correctly rated for use
Have correct/current refective tape on rear/sides of all units
Notify Insurance carrier of this new weight
Get Appropriate CDL for weight class
Realise holding a cdl exempts taking driving school to reduce points, even if citation given was during strict personal use in a non comnercial vehicle
Take annual Medical physical (No BP over 140/90)
Take random Drug Test
Get DOT number:
Keep detailed records
Have annual DOT inspections of all vehicles by licensed ASME mechanic
Do beginning of day safety walk around inspection and record
Keep maintence records
Keep min 8 day log book in truck when driving 100+ radius
Keep hrs of service records in office for under 100 mile radius
Deal with not driving when in service (working/racing) after 11 hrs
Have records available without notice for audit by DOT
Face up to $50K fine for violation any of above
Mark Truck with DOT # both sides
Deal with zoning issues parking a commercial truck in neighborhoods
Mark truck with correct Placards when hauling reportable quantities of Haz Mat
Keep accurate manifest detailing above in cab when in transit
Have correct Haz matt endorsement on CDL
Take Federal Criminal Back ground check for Hex Mat and be fingerprinted every 4 years at cost of $91?
Inform your insurance carrier you are commercial and placarded
Let your insurance know you are officially commercial use and pay appropriate premenuins
Carry min insurance limits required for commercial use for ea state entered
Stop at every state weigh station for inspection of most of the above
Pay 36hr? Diesel Fuel permits and trip permits for each sate as required when over 26K lb
Realize in any commercial vehicle, ANY detectable alcohol is considered a violation, even if you using it for personal use or driving it to church.

Agencies that need to be interfaced with to meet compliance with above
Tag agency or DMV
DL agency
US Dot
State DOT
Local Zoning board Reg parking
Insurance agency

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 12:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes

Me too! lol

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 01:11 PM

From the VA DMV web site.

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/dmv109.pdf

Operators of vehicles having a manufacturer’s
gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) or a gross
combination weight rating (GCWR) of 26,001
lbs. or more are required to hold a valid CDL.
Operators of vehicles designed to carry 16 or
more persons including the driver, and operators
of vehicles hauling hazardous materials which
are required by federal law to be placarded must
also hold a valid CDL.

The following situations exempt operators of certain vehicles from the CDL requirements.
1. Operation of a vehicle for personal use only,
such as a recreational vehicle or truck to move
your personal belongings.
2. Operation of a fire truck or other emerency
vehicle.
3. Operation of a farm vehicle that meets all of
the following conditions:
a. Controlled and operated by a farmer.
b. Used to transport agricultural products,
farm machinery or farm supplies to and
from a farm.
c. Strictly for farm use and not used in the
operation of a common contract
carrier.
d. Used within 150 miles of the vehicle
owner’s farm.
4. Operation of a vehicle for military purposes
while the operator is on active duty carrier.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 01:18 PM

Just got my truck re-registered for GCVW(gross combination vehicle weight)As per Chrysler specs I'am allowed 23,000lbsGCVW.It was a pretty easy process.The problems that I found is that no one could give me a clear explaniation of the regulations.After talking to Pa.DOT,Pa.state police,DMV at Harrisburg Pa.Local authorities,and speaking with the Federal Motor Carrier personel.No one seems to be able to clearly define the laws.I'am just going to follow the Federal guidlines and hope that I got it all covered.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 04:08 PM

I just put new plates on my dually and they gave me car plates. the plate I had before was 14000#'s. when I asked them whats the deal they said if I'm a just a hobby guy then I'll have no problems and that other states must allow me to pass throuogh without issues, somthing about the interstate commerce act. So I have a 3000# plate on a Cummins Dually with a 24' enclosed

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 04:37 PM

Quote:

I just put new plates on my dually and they gave me car plates. the plate I had before was 14000#'s. when I asked them whats the deal they said if I'm a just a hobby guy then I'll have no problems and that other states must allow me to pass throuogh without issues, somthing about the interstate commerce act. So I have a 3000# plate on a Cummins Dually with a 24' enclosed

Your in deep DooDoo,What they say is meaningless.
Posted By: DodgeCharger

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 05:51 PM

What have we determind in this post?
I have a Truck registered for 9000 lbs and an enclosed trailer for 10,000 lbs.
I talked to the title and tag business that I deal with and they told me I didn't need a combination weight until the trailer was registered over 10,000 lbs. Is this correct?
I also searched the PennDot website and found nothing helpful on this subject.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 06:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Your in deep DooDoo,What they say is meaningless.

Why wouldn't it apply, lol...

Title: Interstate Commerce Act of 1887
Author: U.S. Government
Year Published: 1887

The Interstate Commerce Act of 1887
Be it enacted..., That the provisions of this act shall apply to any common carrier or carriers engaged in the transportation of passengers or property wholly by railroad, or partly by railroad and partly by water when both are used, under a common control, management, or arrangement, for a continuous carriage or shipment, from one State or Territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia, or from any place in the United States through a foreign country to any other place in the United States, and also to the transportation in like manner of property shipped from any place in the United States to a foreign country and carried from such place to a port of transshipment, or shipped from a foreign country to any other place in the United States, and also to the transportation in like manner of property shipped from any place in the United States to a foreign country and carried from such place to a port of entry either in the United States or an adjacent foreign country: Provided, however, That the provisions of this act shall not apply to the transportation of passengers or property, or to the receiving, delivering, storage, or handling of property, wholly within one State, and not shipped to or from a foreign country from or to any State or Territory as aforesaid.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 06:45 PM

Quote:

Since this will effect every facet of grass roots racing and the racing hobby, wouldn't someone like SEMA that has some proven political clout step up to the plate to get the bigshots to at least simplify and standardize the requirements? I mean SEMA is the one in the end who will get hurt the most if we all give up and quit.

Anybody know anybody at SEMa to link this to?

Well I think I know someone that can look at this and bring it up the next time he is talking to the rest of the SEMA board members. My boss is a chair elect for SEMA. I was going to bring this up to him but was giving it a while to see if anyone else had this idea.
Posted By: Hemi Joe 4911

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 08:04 PM

Bob-I was fortunate enough to have attended a class conducted by the Pa.State Police this past Feburary at one of our dealerships pertaining to trailering for landscapers and those hauling construction equipment. First they state that their personnel know most of the laws however the ones that we must be concerned are those like the city police, the township police and the sheriffs dept., for they only know part of the laws. The important thing is that they may stop you and write you up and be wrong, however it is up to you to hire an attorney to get yourself out of the mess.
Most of the trailering laws that he spoke of were, effective January of this year you must now go into the scales if you are a combo of 10,001 lbs, previously it was 26,000 and most of us were not effected. By passing the scales is a $3,000.00 fine this was Federally mandated that they do this. I told him that they were opening up a can of worms and everyone with a trailer would be clogging up the scales. He told me this is exactly what they wanted because they wanted to see what was in all those trailers going up and down the highway, since 911. They also told me that they have found that a lot of retirees were subsidizing their retirement by transporting drugs from Mexico,California,Florida and New York.
I understood why they were pulling over landscapers trailers, but how about my race car trailer, his answer was, is their prise money at the race, and I answered yes, then he said it is considered commercial, the same as prises at a horse show. Another thing he talked about was securing fuel cans, a bungy cord is not good enough, they must be secure, and anything in that trailer must be secured. If you run your pick up truck down the highway with the tail gate down and a chain or a block of wood is laying in the bed not secured, it is a $500.00 fine.
He told us if your vehicle was over 10,000 gvw you must take it to an inspection station and get it inspected which must be displayed on both the truck and the trailer so that the weight master can see it and either wave you through or pull you around back. You must also have a fire extinguisher in both the truck and the trailer,and triangles or safety markers of some sort. Your mirrows must also be wide enough to see behind you and all of your lights must be working. I keep a log book although unless you are over 26,000 lbs it is not necessary but some sort of a report should be kept. You must also have the medical card and a valid drivers license.
My way around a lot of this is travel on the turnpikes when possible since they do not have scales. I have tried to tell the Hemi guys at the CC Events but they seemed to think that I was crazy, so Bob, I am glad you have brought this to everyones attention, sorry about the fine.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 08:04 PM

lloks like the problem just keeps getting bigger. This is on Competition Plus. They are trying to get a whole buch of people to go to Richard Childress Racing on the 26th for a big meeting on this subject.

"Steve Earwood, Chairman of the Board of The North Carolina Motorsports Association, has sent word that an EDUCATIONAL SEMINAR will be held at Richard Childress Racing, 425 Industrial Drive, Welcome, NC, from 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 26, 2008. Attendees can park at the Childress Museum and walk a short distance to the race shop. The museum is the first building on the left when you turn onto Industrial Drive and cross the railroad tracks. Park there and walk to the race shop just down the street on the left.

Information about the seminar:

North Carolina Laws and Federal Regulations regarding registration/tags/driver credentials/size and weight/road use of vehicles used in the operation of a race team or individual racers.

There is no charge for the seminar and the information is imperative. Everyone should tell their friends and fellow racers.

The Seminar is being sponsored by the NCMA at no charge. Rep. Karen Ray is coordinating the seminar for the NCMA. There will be time given to questions and answers following the informational part of the seminar.

Under the auspices of Rep. Ray, Earwood and the NCMA are working on this issue with the State Highway Patrol, the Governor's office, the Secretary of Crime Control and Public Safety, DOT Secretary, Federal Motor Carriers, DMV, and the Legislative Staff. We are all working together diligently to address the concerns that are circulating and work toward resolutions. This seminar is one of the parts of the resolution and will provide extremely valuable information for those affected.

Earwood emphasizes that this is not a protest session; however, we do need a large turnout of those who are affected to voice our concerns and to hear alternatives to these very important issues."

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 09:42 PM

Quote:

but how about my race car trailer, his answer was, is their prise money at the race, and I answered yes, then he said it is considered commercial, the same as prises at a horse show.

You must also have a fire extinguisher in both the truck and the trailer,and triangles or safety markers of some sort.

You must also have the medical card and a valid drivers license.

So if I read this right, my 2500 Ram, with my 2000# open trailer, and a Barracuda weighing in at less than 3000# would require me to have a CDL and all the good stuff that goes with it. This is also my daily commuter vehicle, so I will have to pay through the nose to get the proper insurance and licenses to cover me.

1) Looks like they are trying to kill racing.
2) Fire extinguisher on my open trailer. Wonder how many times that one will get stolen.
3) Medical Card. Good one. How about my VA Medical Card. Proves I bled for my country. But would probably piss off the revenue enhancement officer looking to make his quota.

Looks like PA is off my list forever, along with all other states that want to bleed us dry. Surely SEMA needs to be involved. This has the ability to kill off motor sports as well as the car show circuits.

-Dave

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 11:31 PM

Quote:

You must also have a fire extinguisher in both the truck and the trailer ..........

Looks like PA is off my list forever, along with all other states that want to bleed us dry.

Regarding on the trailer, unless thats very new, or required if hauling Haz Mat, I think that statment/requirement regarding "on" the trailer might be inaccurate.

Regarding "along with all the other states", that sir, would be all 50 of them.

I think getting someone in authority to actually read this entire post would then give them a little better understanding of the frustration and confusion of a pretty good representation of middle America, one that is not happy.

I just about popped a gasket when I read just before the catch all "911" phrase as reasoning for this new found determination of all these arbitrary rules

Its more then likely just job security shennigans in the face of budget cut-backs, ie tempest in a teapot, that will never go away.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 11:47 PM

JUST DRIVE AROUND THE SCALES.

Find a route where there are no scale houses. Ask on the CB or at truck stops. No big deal.

Billy D

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/13/08 11:54 PM

Quote:

Find a route where there are no scale houses. Ask on the CB or at truck stops. No big deal.

Chris..

Don't try that in Mississippi...

Rickster

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 12:00 AM

dont know about all other states but this is straight from the 2008 Fl statutes 320.01 (26)

commercial motor vehicle means any which is not owned or operated by a governmental entity,which uses special fuel or motor fuel on the public highways,a GVW of 26001 lbs or more,or has three or more axels regardles is used in combination when the weight of such combination exceeds 26001 lbs .
A VEHICLE THAT OCCASIONALLY TRANSPORTS PERSONAL PROPERTY TO AND FROM A CLOSED MOTORSPORT FACILITY AS DEFINED IN S549.09(1)(a) IS NOT A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE IF THE USE IS NOT FOR PROFIT AND NO CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP IS NOT INVOLVED.

so by reading that I would assume in Fl as long as you have no sponsor and do not make a profit and you stay under 26000 lbs you are not a commercial vehicle.

so I wont lose any sleep over this.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 12:01 AM

Quote:

Sounds like a tip from someone who has never actually had to do what he suggests, and with all its ramifications. The scales and enforcement people have taken the suggested tip into consideration regarding the scales actual location with the avaliable roads to skirt the scale, and with suprise temp scales/inspections on those special bypass roads. This idea solves very little IMO.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 12:22 AM

Actually have done it many times.
There are ways to do it, even the Banning Scale in Ca. has a way around it.
Even did it when I long hauled a few times.
I'm just pointing out that most of these guys don't even apply to the rules being discussed here. If you have a pissy State like PA. just figure out a route around the scales. Most likely they aren't looking for race car trailers.

BTW I have more than 2,000,000 miles over the road truck driving. Not just talking smut here.

Billy D.

Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 12:25 AM

Driving around the scales in ND, Mn, or SD is useless as they are very seldom open anyway and more are closing all every day. Troopers are carrying portable scales and are pulling truckers over all the time on the the highways. One of my buddies got pulled over 3 times in one day. Showing his previous ticket didn't mean squat either like the first trooper said that he should do should it happen that he got pulled over again.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 12:27 AM

A DOT inspection is good for 1 year.

Billy D.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 12:42 AM

When I towed up to Indy I never once pulled into a weigh station...Here in Florida I have never pulled into one. Have never had a problem.

Didn't skirt around them either....just drove right by.

Rickster

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 01:06 AM

I obviously have a CDL. But have never had to go into a weigh station with the race car trailer. This thread has got a lot of guys really scared to tow their race cars. They shouldn't be afraid.
A few good points were made here.

Weigh your rig.
Register it for that combined weight.
If you are a hobbiest, keep the book in your truck that shows the exception # 390.3f. And if you need to keep your tax returns also.
If you are under 26,001# combined wt. you don't need a CDL.
Make sure your tires match the weights you are carrying.
For most of the guys here, none of this applies. If you are towing your flat bed trailer, you are most likely A-OK.
Don't panic here..

I tow a 53' 5th wheel w/ LQ and have never been stopped. And it does stand out..

Billy D.

Attached picture 4617321-IMG_2971(Large).JPG
Posted By: mopar65

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 01:16 AM

wow that is allmost aslong as my mobil home.Boy i bet that thing is fun to turn around.But boy does that set up look nice Mopar65

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 01:17 AM

Quote:

you are most likely A-OK.

I tow a 53' 5th wheel w/ LQ and have never been stopped. And it does stand out..

Billy D.

I would rephrase that, in this thread you stand out.

And beaware of false prophets.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 01:17 AM

Quote:

I obviously have a CDL. But have never had to go into a weigh station with the race car trailer. This thread has got a lot of guys really scared to tow their race cars. They shouldn't be afraid.

Weigh your rig.
If you are a hobbiest, keep the book in your truck that shows the exception # 390.3f. And if you need to keep your tax returns also.
For most of the guys here, none of this applies. If you are towing your flat bed trailer, you are most likely A-OK.
Don't panic here..

Billy D.

Billy....what does your rig weigh total...??? I'm at approximately 28,500 total 50' L/Q.

Rickster

Attached picture 4617351-Hauler2.jpg

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 01:29 AM

With everything that has been covered here, and since this topic has been brought up numerous times before, and is not likely to go away anytime soon, I vote for archive status.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 01:37 AM

Gonna weigh it this week. This thread got me thinking about it.
I'm sure I'm over the 23,000 that the truck is good for, but I really can't worry about it. It's what I have, or what Chris has. I just drive it.
If we ever meet I'll tell you a funny story about running a scale in Louisiana.

I have my credentials, always carry a log book, even when going racing.
I always check my route to see if there may be a way around a bad scale house. And for all the years I long hauled, I know a lot of scales are closed at certain hours.

Nice rig..BTW. How did you register yours?

Billy D.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 01:57 AM

I think this might affect bob georage a little diffrent then most of us here, and hope he clears the air a little for us. I think if he has BG racing on the side of the car and trailer and writes off racing expenses and winning then he may be more "on the radar" then someone like me who has nuttin on the trailer or car, rarely gets winnings and who don't wright anything off for tax reasons.

And I still beleave my county clerk when she said you can drive to timbucktoo and back with that car plate and they cant say chit. There were some laws that were changed last year and she said thats why now I can get by with a car plate here.
I'm about to move and then I'm going to trump them again when I stick a farm plate on it. Then I'm legal to haul what ever I can hook too LOL.

Also the ICA protects situations like this and thats why you cant get a ticket for no front plate if your state does not call for one.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 02:05 AM

Quote:

Gonna weigh it this week. This thread got me thinking about it.
I'm sure I'm over the 23,000 that the truck is good for, but I really can't worry about it. It's what I have, or what Chris has. I just drive it.
If we ever meet I'll tell you a funny story about running a scale in Louisiana.

I have my credentials, always carry a log book, even when going racing.
I always check my route to see if there may be a way around a bad scale house. And for all the years I long hauled, I know a lot of scales are closed at certain hours.

Nice rig..BTW. How did you register yours?

Billy D.

Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat at cgvw of 23,500 on the GMC, I have mondo air bags and am getting in touch with the dealer to see if there is anything showing an increase in capacity...????

It is just registered as a trailer here in FLA no weight on the registration what so ever. My tuck reg shows 11,400. Probably gonna get my CDL, which sucks because I could have grandfathered back in the day, but didn't need it

I'm supposed to go to the dealer tomorrow to look at a 450 dually crew cab they are trying to sell me...

I long hauled produce and textiles mostly and only had problems in Mississippi...they suck

Rickster
Posted By: sogtx

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 02:08 AM

Quote:

Posted By: rowin4

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 02:16 AM

This spring coming up from Mississippi i got pulled over i think in Indiana buy the DOT, the guy wanted to know what was in my trailer. My wife and i answered at the same time ,a race car. He said he just wanted to know but didnt want to see in the trailer and said have a nice day. I just made the trip again this past week and didn't see any anything but semi's at all of the weigh stations. So what is it, 10,001 or 26,000 gcvw ?

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 02:22 AM

Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat at cgvw of 23,500 on the GMC, I have mondo air bags and am getting in touch with the dealer to see if there is anything showing an increase in capacity...????

It is just registered as a trailer here in FLA no weight on the registration what so ever. My tuck reg shows 11,400. Probably gonna get my CDL, which sucks because I could have grandfathered back in the day, but didn't need it

I'm supposed to go to the dealer tomorrow to look at a 450 dually crew cab they are trying to sell me...

I long hauled produce and textiles mostly and only had problems in Mississippi...they suck

Rickster

I'm thinking that by putting 19.5's on the truck it would add to the CGVW. I am going to check that out.

Don't have to worry about any of this yet. Car is still not even close to being fixed after I wrecked it...
But I want to know where I stand before I use the rig again.

Billy D.

Attached picture 4617558-IMG_3122(Large).jpg

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 02:29 AM

Quote:

Rickster

I'm thinking that by putting 19.5's on the truck it would add to the CGVW. I am going to check that out.

Don't have to worry about any of this yet. Car is still not even close to being fixed after I wrecked it...
But I want to know where I stand before I use the rig again.

Billy D.

Let me know what you find out on the 19.5's Bill...

Rickster

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 02:44 AM

Now are you guys weighing you trucks and trailers
seperately or are you weighing it hooked up on your
truck

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 02:52 AM

Quote:

Billy D.

Say what?

The chassis manufacturer or final builder has the responsibility of certifying allowable weights for your vehicle that should be on the drivers door frame with suggested tire size for that rating. If you intentionally undersize a tire, a DOT inspector could use the lower rating based on the lower rated tire. But you cannot legally increase the manufacturer rating by going to a larger tire. The chassis weight rating is based on many items that become part of a system such as rims, brakes, hubs, frame rails, springs, etc, not just the tires.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 03:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Billy D.

Say what?

The chassis manufacturer or final builder has the responsibility of certifying allowable weights for your vehicle that should be on the drivers door frame with suggested tire size for that rating. If you intentionally undersize a tire, a DOT inspector could use the lower rating based on the lower rated tire. But you cannot legally increase the manufacturer rating by going to a larger tire. The chassis weight rating is based on many items that become part of a system such as rims, brakes, hubs, frame rails, springs, etc, not just the tires.

And you know this how?

I am still going to see if it makes a difference.

It makes just about as much sense as this thread.
Getting people all worked up that they can't tow their flatbed trailer with their race car without a CDL.

Raff..Weigh the whole thing hooked up so you can get each axle wt.

Billy D.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 03:13 AM

Billy D.

Thanks Billy
Posted By: KillerBee

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 03:54 AM

Anybody know the laws if I have a dealer plate on my truck while towing my trailer?

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/14/08 06:16 AM

Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 08:59 AM

If I am going by a scale, I always go accross it if it is open. I asked a cop one time and he said the sign says ALL trucks, correct? He said theoretically that even means a pickup, but they rarely go after them. Much easier to go over the scales than to have them come after you. I know I'm under weight so it doesn't really bother me to do it.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 11:44 AM

Quote:

Billy D.

Thanks Billy

Same here hooked up..

Rickster

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 11:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Billy D.

Say what?

Mr. Know it all: Not sure if the 19.5's are gonna make a difference, but it's worth a look. I do know you can raise the capacity by; adding springs, beefing up suspension, adding plates to frames, etc. and have them re-certified

Your statement is incorrect...

Rickster

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 12:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Billy D.

Say what?

Mr. Know it all: Not sure if the 19.5's are gonna make a difference, but it's worth a look. I do know you can raise the capacity by; adding springs, beefing up suspension, adding plates to frames, etc. and have them re-certified

Your statement is incorrect...

Rickster

Enough with the labels. The problem with what you are suggesting is getting a truck recertified. Years past you might have been able to get a legit final chassis builder to recertify a vehicle when likely they upgraded a item that had already been thru proper design engineering and testing. This final builder is extremely liable for what they certify. I would doubt today with a sue happy climate if you can get anybody legit to recertify a rating on a truck for some customer spec'd item.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 01:04 PM

The problem I have is that the truck is not HAULING the total weight, it is PULLING it. The truck and the trailer are two separate vehicles, and must have separate plates. If not, one would only need truck plates and none on the trailer.

It will be interesting to see how Bob makes out at his hearing.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 01:28 PM

Quote:

Anybody know the laws if I have a dealer plate on my truck while towing my trailer?

Not sure about Ohio but I believe the only way you can have a dealer plate on a vehicle is on a vehicle owned by that dealer. Your personal vehicle titled to you doesn't qualify IIRC.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 01:54 PM

Talked to my safty director at Mosites Construction and he explained that the federal regulation for Gross Combination Vehicle Weight registration in being enforced since many people are towing large trailers and loads with pickups that don't have enough braking capabilities,nor tire to road contact,and the frame and hitches are not structually capable of handling the tongue weight or total towed wieght.In an event and accident occurs with a fatality,the operator of such a vehicle can be held crimimally liable.There has been a rash of accidents across the country lately involving towing.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 01:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Not sure about Ohio but I believe the only way you can have a dealer plate on a vehicle is on a vehicle owned by that dealer. Your personal vehicle titled to you doesn't qualify IIRC.

also the laws governing dealer plates are pretty much against the plate being used for anything other than the transport or sale of the vehicle...towing a trailer to a race would most likely get the tag pulled if you got busted.

Rickster

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 02:47 PM

Quote:

There has been a rash of accidents across the country lately involving towing.

Not sure I agree with the "rash" part. If coming from the enforcers, it sounds a little self serving or a basis for job security.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 03:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

There has been a rash of accidents across the country lately involving towing.

Not sure I agree with the "rash" part. If coming from the enforcers, it sounds a little self serving or a basis for job security.

Like Bob stated earlier, there was an accident here recently that a wood chipper disconnected from the truck towing it, hit a minivan and killed almost an entire family, including children. Enforcement has been stepped up around here since then.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 03:39 PM

Quote:

Well that site should clear up for anyone how widespread the confusion really is. Wide.
Worth reviewing if additional insight is desired on the problems, lots of discussion on using Motorhomes.

It might be beneficial Vermotor if you also linked our post to their forum.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 03:44 PM

Quote:

Like Bob stated earlier, there was an accident here recently that a wood chipper disconnected from the truck towing it, hit a minivan and killed almost an entire family, including children. Enforcement has been stepped up around here since then.

Sorry to hear that, but wouldn't the common sense response to that maybe a step up of safety chain inspections?
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 03:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry to hear that, but wouldn't the common sense response to that maybe a step up of safety chain inspections?

To me yes,, but have you ever seen the government take a common sense approach to any thing??

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 04:04 PM

Biggest problem with people and towing is that a lot of people do not take towing seriously. Drive accordingly. Giver yourself room. Make sure all safety chains are in place and loads secured. Slow down. Drive defensively. Don't make quick actions. Make sure that you have the braking system adjusted properly. The tow vehicle should not be stopping the towed rig, it should be a shared thing between the two with the towed rig actually helping slow the tow vehicle. There are a lot of people towing that shouldn't even be driving let alone towing.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 04:14 PM

Quote:

Biggest problem with people and towing is that a lot of people do not take towing seriously. Drive accordingly. Giver yourself room. Make sure all safety chains are in place and loads secured. Slow down. Drive defensively. Don't make quick actions. Make sure that you have the braking system adjusted properly. The tow vehicle should not be stopping the towed rig, it should be a shared thing between the two with the towed rig actually helping slow the tow vehicle. There are a lot of people towing that shouldn't even be driving let alone towing.

Good words of wisdom, but it doesn't change the fact that some tow things that are heavier than their tow vehicle is rated to tow.

Again, like Bob mentioned if you do this and you are in an accident you are subject to criminal prosecution.

Gary Davis' (Unlawfl) wife is a DOT police officer. She carries portable scales and enforces laws like what is being discussed here.
Posted By: DodgeCharger

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 05:41 PM

Today the local police had a temperary weight station set up across from my office. I don't know if Maple Grove hosting the national event this week had anything to do with it?
They were pulling everyone in with a trailer.
I went over and asked some questions.
Basically many things are a gray area.
If I understood them correctly the Federal law states that any combined vehicle weight over 10,000 lbs could require you to follow the Federal DOT guidelines.
Fire extinguishers medical cards log books.
According to the officer I spoke to the Federal law could be manipulated into meaning if you haul your daughters pony to a local horse show and it wins a ribbon it is now more valuable and you could profit from the experience you are now driving a commercial vehicle if the tow vehicle and the trailer combined weight is 10,001# or more.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 05:58 PM

Quote:

Today the local police had a temperary weight station set up across from my office. I don't know if Maple Grove hosting the national event this week had anything to do with it?
They were pulling everyone in with a trailer.
I went over and asked some questions.
Basically many things are a gray area.
If I understood them correctly the Federal law states that any combined vehicle weight over 10,000 lbs could require you to follow the Federal DOT guidelines.
Fire extinguishers medical cards log books.
According to the officer I spoke to the Federal law could be manipulated into meaning if you haul your daughters pony to a local horse show and it wins a ribbon it is now more valuable and you could profit from the experience you are now driving a commercial vehicle if the tow vehicle and the trailer combined weight is 10,001# or more.

I bet the race had everything to do with it. They did it there a few years ago and levied a large number of fines.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 06:24 PM

I guess I won't be towing my Road Runner through PA anymore.

Are they going to ticket every RVer who goes through PA who doesn't have a CDL, current physical and a log book?

Unless you have a popup being pulled by a Kia, almost every RVer is over 10,000 pounds combined.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 06:47 PM

This is not Pa.specific,WV is doing the samething,Ohio has been hit or miss,but when they smell the revenues that their missing they will be on the bandwagon.We have checked with many other states and they follow the same guidlines.You can go on linefor each state and find the same information.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 07:16 PM

Quote:

Weigh your rig.
Don't panic here..

Billy D.

Way too much trailer for the truck, That might be what there looking for.

Your tow rig and trailer should have nothing on it, no lettering. Any lettering constitutes commercial. Keep it plain and you have alot better chance of being left alone.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 07:20 PM

BG Racing, I saw one of your race trailers at Columbus last weekend with lettering all down the side of your trailer, that makes it's commercial. Does that make difference nowadays??

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 07:27 PM

After going through the process,it was no big deal.After reaserching the regs I better understand the need to comply,there are a lot of people towing out there that are an accident waiting to happen.Rigs not safe or road worthy,as well as drivers that shouldn't be behind the wheel of a pedal car let alone a large race rig or other types of towing combos.I have a CDL also and because of my health issues I'am monitered each year to make sure I'am healthy enough to be on the highway.Just as important your rig should be capable as well.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 07:37 PM

Guees I will just stay in Fl there since they say under 26001lbs is not commercial.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 07:54 PM

I live in Kentucky,,,,and found the following definitions,,,
Quote:

When do I need a Kentucky CDL instead of my regular Kentucky Drivers License? (note,,,this is IF you operate a COMMERCIAL vehicle, see definition of commercial vehicle at bottom)

A Kentucky CDL is required if you operate any of the following CMV's . . .
1. A vehicle with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of more than 26,000 lbs.
2. A vehicle towing a unit with a manufacturer's GVWR of more than 10,000 lbs. when the GCWR exceeds 26,000 lbs.
3. A vehicle used to . . .(a.) carry 15 or more passengers (excluding the driver), or (b.) carry (15) or less people (including the driver) when carrying children to or from school and home regularly for compensation.
4. A vehicle carrying hazardous materials in amounts requiring placarding.

I also looked up rules for Ohio........and listed them .

Who Needs a CDL? – Ohio Revised Code, Section 4506.01 (D)
You need a CDL if you operate any of the following vehicles:

Any combination of vehicles with a combined gross vehicle weight rating of twenty-six thousand one pounds or more, provided the gross vehicle weight rating of the vehicle or vehicles being towed is in excess of ten thousand pounds;

Any single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of twenty-six thousand one pounds or more, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle having a gross vehicle weight rating that is not in excess of ten thousand pounds;

I am just a weekend racer,,,,pickup truck, and a 24' enclosed, and a 3300lbs car

My GCVW (gross COMBINED weight ) is 14,000 lbs,,,, ( i looked it up on the dodge truck site)

The GVW of my truck alone is 6900 lbs (total PERMISSIBLE weight of my truck, including passengers, driver, vehicle itself, options, and cargo),,,,,i am NOT near this weight at any time,,,,

From reading the thread,,,and above quotes,,,,i DONT think i need a CDL at any time ( at least for my combination )

I think i should be withIN the rules,,,since my gross combined weight should fall BELOW 14,000 lbs,,,,

I was going to register my truck for a GCVW of 14,000 just to be safe....
I'll never be in PA with the car,,,,but do go thru Ohio and Michigan every so often.

I would think my situation applys to most of the "weekend" racer guys on here ? and hopefully the above will hold true...

ps, i also enclosed a pic of out local DOT officer....lol

I also found some definition of WHAT is a commercial vehicle
Quote:

Question
What is a commercial vehicle?

Answer
A vehicle is designated “commercial” when it is titled or registered to a company. This is a broad definition, as commercial vehicles may be fleet vehicles, company cars, or other vehicles used for business.
The Department of Motor Vehicles codes the titles and registrations at the time of issue. Under normal circumstances, a commercial registration is issued for the following reasons:

- the title was placed in the name of a company or corporation
- the vehicle is a leased vehicle and in the name of the financial institution that owns it
- the vehicle exceeds a certain weight or class and therefore is "classified" as commercial even though it may not be commercially used or commercially owned **

I still need to find out what that weight is or class,,but according to the KY rules above on CDL,,,,i still think my combo is ok,,,,,,

Lastly i found this and a DOT info.........
(key words i read is 'for BUSINESS purposes' ) which does not apply......and the wording "PRIVATELY" owned,,,and the word COMPENSATION....

Quote:

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a US DOT number?

If you are operating a vehicle in commerce (for business purposes) to transport passengers or property when the vehicle

• has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, or 10,001 lbs or whichever is greater ; or

• Is designed or used to transport more than 8 passengers (including the driver) for compensation; or

• Is designed or used to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver, and is not used to transport passengers for compensation; or

• Is used in transporting material found by the Secretary of Transportation to be hazardous.

(Transportation of Hazardous Materials).

GVWR = Gross Vehicle Weight Rating

GCWR = Gross Combination Weight Rating (truck & trailer added together)

GVW = Gross Vehicle Weight including any load

GCW = Gross Combination Weight of any truck, trailer, and load

Do I need a Medical Examiners Certificate (Medical Card)?

Yes, any driver operating a commercial vehicle with a GVWR or GCWR of 10,001 lbs or more needs the Medical Examiners Certificate.

Do I need a trailer plate?

Yes, If you are using a trailer for business purposes. Only privately owned and operated trailers are exempted from licensing in Kentucky. KRS 186.675.

Do I need a KYU number?

Yes, If the vehicle has a registered weight in excess of 59,999 lbs.

Note: You can obtain a temporary KYU # from the Division of Motor Carriers.

Am I required to carry a log book?

Yes, if driver is operating a vehicle or combination of vehicles with a GVWR 10,001 lbs or more.

There are some exemptions to the log book requirement, If the driver operates within a 100 air-mile radius,

And returns to the work reporting location and is released from work within 12 consecutive hours, and

The motor carrier that employs the driver maintains and retains for a period of 6 months accurate and true time records showing the following

• The time the driver reports for duty each day

• The total number of hours the driver is on duty each day

• The time the driver is released from duty each day

• The total time for the preceding 7 days in accordance with 395.8(j)(2) for

Drivers used for the first time or intermittently

If you do not meet all of these requirements, you are REQUIRED to have a log book.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 08:17 PM

My motorhome should be OK in PA.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/fs-cdl.pdf

Commercial motor vehicles do not include:
a) implements of husbandry;
b) any motor home or recreational trailer operated solely for personal use; or
c) motorized construction equipment, including, but not limited to, motorscrapers, backhoes,
motorgraders, compactors, excavators, tractors, trenchers and bulldozers.

According to part a), a woman can drive a vehicle over 26000 pounds if she's looking for a mate.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 09:29 PM

Quote:

According to part a), a woman can drive a vehicle over 26000 pounds if she's looking for a mate.

You're gonna get BG started again.

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/14/08 09:49 PM

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 09:56 PM

Quote:

I am in deep do-do just found out my trailer has a Gw of 13,200 because I upgraded to a 16" wheel. 15" is 9900 lb.
I have to make two trips to Ohio through Pa. this month
Quaker City and Norwalk
I tow with a single axle 3500

No, I disagree (like that matters anymore ) as long as you register it under the magical 10K limit, and you never load it over 10K, you bypass many, but not all of the issues so far brought up, although declaring weight on a trailer is not always required, the GCVW on your truck should represent that under 10K trailer self imposed limit, make sense?
Posted By: MFR426

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 10:10 PM

I talked today with the Indiana State Police DOT officer who is the head of our district. I wanted to find out what our state is looking at. I have a Dodge 3500 pulling a 48 foot Gooseneck with living quarters. The trailer is titled and plated as an RV. I have an 11000Lb plate on the truck. I need to weigh the truck but she said I was ok as long as the plate was above the actual weight of the truck. Being an RV the trailer was ok and exempt. But, hear comes the kicker. If you go to a race track and any money exchanges hands in anyway, that is considered commerce and you are considered a commercial vehicle. You must have Dot number, Class A CDL etc. As has been shown on here, if you are plating the trailer as a trailer, the 10000Lb GVWR of the trailer applies and you need all the DOT requirements. So it looks like we are as bad here as in any of the other states.
Not good news for sure. Glad I haven't entered the CC Norwalk event yet.
Looks like we may not go. I don't want to risk big fines!
Thanks!
MFR426

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/14/08 10:15 PM

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 10:20 PM

This is all such BS. I went to the Pa DOT page http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/vehicle_code/chapter13.pdf and go to page 5 to 1304 f and 1305 a. The DOT doesn't even know their own laws. Trucks may be registered with the GVWR and may also be reguisted with the CGVWR in "f" and then below in "a " it states it can be registered as GVWR OR CGVWR. So here it is in writing and these people are just on a power trip. You will notice it is required for Truck Tractors to register both ways, not pickups.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 10:25 PM

This is one of the reasons why I got out of the auto transport business.

Questionable DOT enforcement, $5000/mo fuel bills and $2000/mo insurance. Then have people fuss about how much it costs to transport a car.

Ask just about any over the road trucker about dealing with DOT regulations and enforcement and watch their face change. I got to the point where the less I saw of DOT the better off I was and my wallet was happier.

If you are not sure about the laws and regulations for a state you are towing through or destination call the Dept. of Transportation for that state. Ask about your equipment and any possible unique regulations that you would need to comply with to travel in their state **NOTE** Get their name and extention for your CYA records.

All this is....is another money grab to help keep the $$$ rolling in for the state budgets.

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/14/08 10:30 PM

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 11:09 PM

I don't understand, when did the DOT become Super Cops. Just because they write you a ticket doesn't mean you are guilty off anything. It will be a cold day in Helina Montana when I take a tax return to court to prove that I do or don't write off anything. It is the states job to prove their case.

Over the years I have fought every ticket and haven't lost yet. Nothing better than hearing the judge chew out a cop for writing a stupid ticket. Remember when a cop is sitting in court they are not doing their real job. A great waste of time.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 11:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No, I disagree (like that matters anymore ) as long as you register it under the magical 10K limit, and you never load it over 10K, you bypass many, but not all of the issues so far brought up, although declaring weight on a trailer is not always required, the GCVW on your truck should represent that under 10K trailer self imposed limit, make sense?

if it makes any difference my trailer is tagged with Vermont 5 year Temp tags and the registration does not have any weight classification

Don't think that matters from the way I understand PA law. Does your trailer have a GVW plate on it? I know my open does and I bet thats what they go by. Mine isn't registered here in PA by it weight either. My guess is they go by axles, because my GF's single axle boat trailer is $6, and the double axle open car trailer is $12.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 11:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

if it makes any difference my trailer is tagged with Vermont 5 year Temp tags and the registration does not have any weight classification

Don't think that matters from the way I understand PA law. Does your trailer have a GVW plate on it? I know my open does and I bet thats what they go by. Mine isn't registered here in PA by it weight either. My guess is they go by axles, because my GF's single axle boat trailer is $6, and the double axle open car trailer is $12.

Boy you guys have it cheap in PA to plate a trailor. My Non com. 1500# dual axel trailor cost $42.00 for plates here in Stark count, Canton, Ohio. mike

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/14/08 11:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Boy you guys have it cheap in PA to plate a trailor. My Non com. 1500# dual axel trailor cost $42.00 for plates here in Stark count, Canton, Ohio. mike

How much do you pay a year for your annual safety and emissions inspection?

Zilch.

Only saving grace is my diesel is emissions exempt.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 12:39 AM

My 50' trailer costs $79.00 annual for a tag and doesn't have any weight on the registration

Rickster

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 12:48 AM

Here in Michigan we buy a permanent plate, good
till you sell the trailer. If you buy another trailer
you have to buy another permanent plate. Truck
plates are based on dollar value. I have no idea
how you guys can change the GVW on a trailer or
truck

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 12:55 AM

Quote:

truck

Truck plates here are by weight. They have different class ranges. My 3/4 ton is a class 3 and its $152 a year to register it. I have a sticker on my windshield that has a 3 on it to show that.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 01:09 AM

Quote:

truck

You can go to the DMV and tell them what you want it to be. Then you pay according to the weight.

In VA, that's for trucks and trailers. That doesn't mean you can tow 50,000 pounds on a single axle trailer from Harbor Freight.

If you register over the rating for your tires, etc., you're still in deep doo-doo if you're pulled over exceeding what the tires can hold.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 01:24 AM

Quote:

My 50' trailer costs $79.00 annual for a tag and doesn't have any weight on the registration

Rickster

Ours are 20 bucks a year.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Here we have basicly 2 sizes of trailers(private)
small and larger, mines the larger and I pay $100
for the permenate plate. the small is $75
Posted By: PlumCrazyCharger

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:09 AM

You guys are lucky. For my 40' trailer it costs $278 per year and for my dually $178 per year!

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:13 AM

Quote:

You guys are lucky. For my 40' trailer it costs $278 per year and for my dually $178 per year!

If you saw what it costs to legally register a truck that can tow a 40 foot trailer, you wouldn't think we were so lucky.

Once you hit that 10,001lb and up weight on the trailer and have to register the truck's weight to cover the truck AND trailer the trucks price goes through the roof.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:13 AM

Quote:

My duallie cost me $45 yearly based on what I payed
for it but I bought it at a auction for CHEAP
but I also had to work on it and had it re-registered
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:14 AM

Getting a DOT number is free and can be done online.Just go to the dot website for your state and see for yourself what is needed.For the majority of you will just need a dot # and nothing else.Some of you that use your towing rigs for biz should already have your dot stuff in order.The system of commercial licencing and dot #'s is really a good thing for the public.

Attached picture 4619788-113-1308_IMG.JPG

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:17 AM

Mike; The 1500# GVW weight on my trailers registration indicates the weight of the trailer only and not how much in can carry.

On my truck itself the Factory GCWR can be differ from 9000# to 13500# depending on the axel gear and engine combo.

With my 5.4 engine, same truck, same axel it can differ from 10000# to 13500# based on the gear only. Lie about your gear or change the gear or "door sticker" I guess you could change your Factory GCWR but not your GVW. mike
Posted By: PlumCrazyCharger

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:18 AM

My truck and trailer are legal for those fees ($278 and $178).

Trailer is for 15k to 20k GVW and truck is for 12.5 GVW

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:23 AM

Quote:

Mike; The 1500# GVW weight on my trailors registration indicates the weight of the trailor only and not how much in can carry.

On my truck itself the Factory GCWR can be differ from 9000# to 13500# depending on the axel gear and engine combo.

With my 5.4 engine, same truck, same axel it can differ from 10000# to 13500# based on the gear only. Lie about your gear or change the gear or "door sticker" I guess you could change your Factory GCWR but not your GVW. mike

My truck is a 95 Dodge diesel duallie with the biggest
tires, 6 speed stick and 4.10 gears. I will have
to look at the door sticker to see what it says
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

not entirely tre mr p a plate can go as high as 300 depends on the weight of the trailer

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:24 AM

Quote:

The system of commercial licencing and dot #'s is really a good thing for the public.

Yea, and just go into the big room over there to take a shower ( hope that's not to deep). I hope you are joking, I'm not.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

not entirely tre mr p a plate can go as high as 300 depends on the weight of the trailer

I've never seen anyone that paided 300, my trailer
is 43' and weighs 6600# empty, but I'll take your
word on it

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:54 AM

with this post going on like it is it was funny I had a guy stop at the shop today with a 2000 F350 diesel dually pulling a big trailer he was having trans problems and is from Ga and needed to get back make a long story short I got to talking to him and asked what he carried in his trailer and it turns out he brings watermelon down to Fl from Ga when he leaves Ga his truck and trailer is 37000 Lbs I say so you a over weight and he proceeds to tell me he has NO CDL never stops at any weight stations or the ag inspection and in 12 years has never been stopped or even look at funny said he has been fined 1 in NC so he just doesnt go north anymore so I guess Fl and Ga really doent care much. Now I wouldnt make it 10 miles before I was pulled over LOL
Posted By: markz528

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 03:34 AM

Well I decided to see what my registration said for my truck and trailer (1/2 ton PU and open trailer). Well low and behold, says 1000 lbs for truck and trailer weight 1550 lbs.

So I have no GVWR on the truck or trailer on my registration. Is this normal on all Ohio registrations for non-commercial vehicles? What does that mean if I get stopped in PA?

I did call Ohio MVD years ago about this topic and was told don't worry because you are legal per Ohio law.

I don't know.........
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:33 PM

Just checked and my truck has a GVWR of 10,000# and is tagged NON-comercial and the trailer has a GVWR of 7000# and is tagged comercial, so do I need to switch the truck to commercial tag's???
Posted By: RonP

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. - 08/15/08 02:37 PM

There are so many laws it is hard to keep up with. I have NC tags that are called "weighted" and I pay for them. I have my registration as 15,000lbs right now, but I am thinking that might be just a hair on the lite side. Truck around 7,000, trailer about 5,000 if I remember, and car 3,300 then the junk in the trailer. I am going to up it to 18,000 when I renew. The 15,000 cost me 250.00 a year.

So I am trying to be legal, but I am sure there is still some rule I don't know about.
© 2024 Moparts Forums