I would guess that this makes everyone hauling their race cars on open trailers with half ton pickups an easy mark. What a money maker.

Bob, if I understand this correct, if the truck has a 6000 GVW, and the trailer weighs 2000, the car another 3500, for a total of 11,500, the truck has to be licensed for that, the total weight? That correct?

Under that scenario, one would almost have to have a one ton truck to even pull an open trailer.

This makes open season on horse trailers, contractors, landscape guys hauling small equipment, race cars, virtually everything. I remember the incident you quote where the cokehead killed a bunch of innocents, and agree that sort of thing has to be addressed.

But, this is not the way. I have no problem with them checking the trailers for inspection, making sure brakes work, etc., but beating the citizens out of a thousand bucks a clip is going to kill business in Pennsyvlania even more.

I gotta tell you, this has all the markings of another money grab by the current state administration. Fast Eddie is the best at separating you from your money....and he's my boss!!

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com