Quote:

My spec sheet says torque to 100 ft.lbs. with oil. Could this be where the stretched studs are coming from? 85ft.lbs. with ARP lube. Someone using the 100 ft.lbs. torque with ARP lube?

I think you might have something there. A malfunction of all the people complaining on here. I will admit I have not read every post but I bet you guys are burying world over something that is not even a valid problem on their part.

My MOPAR R3 Race Block was supplied with normal production type grade 8 Bolts and mopar would not send it out like that if it would automatically blow up using the supplied hardware. In that case I would use oil as lube and torque to factory specs or the specs in the instruction sheet. Common sense. If I wanted I could upgrade to ARP hardware and use more clamping load and re-hone the mains.

The ARP studs are 200K tensile strength and I am sure the supplied fasteners were not that strong. "BUT", that does not mean that they are junk or chinese made etc. A lot of you guys should be ashamed talking like that.

I am fairly confident if you built your motor with the supplied hardware and followed the instructions your motor would be fine. If you are going to build big power then upgrading the hardware is your descision as it is with ANY engine build.

SRT DEMON ONE SEAT