If a guy didn't know any better, he'd think the stud part numbers must be wrong because World Products lists both studs being compatable with two different Chevy blocks but not anything else...

http://www.worldcastings.com/images/ARP%20WORLD%20MASTER%20KIT.pdf

So, as it turns out they had the right studs the whole time.

Per R--, the machine shop (neither owned nor operated by World Products), proper stud torque is 85 ft lbs with moly. This is the torque spec used when the blocks are align honed. The machine shop has never broken a stud at 85 ft lbs, ever. However, World's info from 4 years ago stated the torque spec is 100 ft lbs with no lube recommendation, somehow that got carried over to I sheets and is in the process of being corrected.

Per the machine shop, the supplier of the no name main studs is (guess who?) World Products.

Shifting the blame to "the foundry" earlier in this thread was pretty funny. A foundry doesn't use any fasteners at all, so how was it their fault? And the foundry mark on my iron block is "DF" (with a backwards "D".....I'm pretty sure the Da---- Foundry isn't owned or operated by World Products either, and I'm pretty sure they are using Chrysler's million dollar tooling to produce the engine blocks we are discussing here.

So this all leaves me to wonder:

What exactly was the point of using ARP nuts, but nothing else? Was the belief generic Mc Master Carr hardware is good enough for us Mopar guys, but only beloved Chevy customers get the GOOD hardware? Or was it since the block says Mopar on it, the assumption was people would just blame Mopar for the garbage hardware? I think we can all see how that deal worked out, and I think we all know who's at fault here.

I can't share any more of the research I've done on this topic, however I've looked into it far enough to see that it stinks to high heaven.

I know where I'll stand when it comes time to weigh in on this supplier at work.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri