I still believe there are motors out there that people simply didnt " catch" this problem. Between inexperience, in a rush, "thinking" it didnt feel right but using them anyways, not knowing, or lastly just not caring, they are out there.There seems to be some that may be different or ok, just dont know when.

It would have been very easy for some to just use them and not really know what they were experiencing.The design of the bad studs is just that, bad. No comparison to the rolled ARP threads, undercut, chamfer etc, not taking into account the actual tensile strength , hardeneing or overall soundness.

I have already changed out several "studs only" for the mains, as well as gotten new complete kits for members here and my own clientelle. I think if nothing else, they all are resting better. The " bad" ones really are BAD.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.