Quote:

Hi guys, Im Chuck and I will represent WORLD Products. The ARP stud kit is $112.99 at Summit.
Im also the new MOPAR guy here and am currently building an all aluminum 540cu World HEMI.
So I feel your pain with the studs, I even checked
mine, and they are ARP. Any questions you guys have fire away and I will find you an answer.

The boss over here at World is now aware of the problem and has issued a statement to our foundry where both the iron and aluminum are cast. All if any left non ARP hardware is being discarded.
ONLY ARP hardware will be used and to our knowledge that is what was sold. We are currently going through the HEMI and WEDGE inventory here at WORLD to make sure this does not happen again.

CHUCK

Does any one have the part number for the ARP main stud kit for the world block? I have a new set of ARP studs for an OEM 440 block that I was going to use, but the junk studs out of the world block are longer, so I don’t think the ARP studs I have will work. The shop that is machining my world block told me today that the world studs torque to 100 foot pounds and felt solid. The line bore was dead on. He said they think the studs will be okay. He did say there were other problems with the block. The lifter bores and oil pump shaft busing were both under size and had to be honed. No big deal there. I’m not going to gamble on the world studs. I called Summit and they don’t have a listing for the ARP kit that ol chucky boy at world claims they have for $112.99. Hay chuck, how about giving us a part number? Better yet why doesn’t world man up and stand behind their product and replace the junk studs they installed with ARP studs?