Well, It seems bad news always travels fast! I shipped 3 of these aluminum blocks to Australia earlier this year. Just checked one to find the no name main studs with ARP nuts and cross bolts.It seems to me incomprehensible that World Products are prepared to comprimise the integrity of these blocks and its future reputation to save perhaps $20 or $30 in production costs. Even if the ARP studs were offered as a $50 upgrade on the block purchase I doubt anyone would opt for the no name studs if they were given a choice. I, like others, thought they were fitted with ARP fastners based on the nuts and cross bolts.
AS TO WORLDS REPONSE:
I personaly work in the retail industry here in Australia and to me this could potentialy be a public relations nightmare for the company. In retail we work on the theory that every customer that has a percieved bad experience potentially up to 100 people will here about it directly or indirectly.
From World Products point of view this should be about damage control to there brand. It doesnt matter if their engine builder/representative vouches for the integrity of the studs we are past that now. More than one other competent engine builder has raised legitimate concerns with these studs along with the perception of customers who feel they have been deceived. World Products themselves by changing to ARP fastners in all future blocks only reinforces this perception. We all make mistakes in life knowingly or unknowingly and from a buisness point of view its how you choose to deal with the problem. In the interests of customer relations I feel World Products should offer anyone who purchased a block already and is uncomfortable with the studs a set of ARP free of charge. I hope someone at World Produts reads this post and gives it some consideration.