Well said, Fast68. You guys showed up to the fight...he decided the fight was too tough. I like your suggestion to buy from Engle for those that feel the need to get a fast rate cam. They can still get the lobe profile they want without having to go through Hughes. I have spent money with him in the past and really, always had a decent enough experience with him. That being said, he wailed on our EM team with no justification whatsoever. My money now goes elsewhere.

One other thing that I just shared with Fast68. I hadn't told anyone on this board about it but now...what the hell. I have recommended his cams to alot of guys in the club here - South Plains Mopars. After seeing my 340 perform with his 3038 hydraulic cam, many of them have bought Hughes cams. One buddy, bought one of his older grind hydraulics, a bigger one - 4449 I think? Anyways, he bought it on the sale Hughes had going on to clear out inventory for his new grinds. My buddy bought the cam and it was delivered to my work place. I took it home and he came over to get it. There was alot of anticipation in the air as he eagerly opened the box. He pulled it out and the anticipation evaporated...replaced by a silent tension. I stared at the bumpstick for a few minutes...went over to where my buddy was holding it and ran my hand over some lobes...in disbelief. Sitting on my knees, I rocked back on my heels and a feeling of humiliation swept over me. The only thought in my head was WTF is this and WTF is wrong with it?

My buddy looked up and said uhhh.....this ain't right

No kidding - it had something like 12 FREAKING LOBES WIPED Some lobes looked like someone had taken a freaking die grinder with a carbide bit to it. I was so damn embarrassed. He spent his money on this thing I recommended and was sent that pos. It was so damn bad, I was thinking that it was some sort of a test cam where only a few lobes were actually ground correctly and the rest were just whacked off or something. Hell I didn't know.

To be fair, Hughes paid for shipping back and sent in a replacement that was good. He also sent a cap along with it. That gesture was appreciated. I talked to Hughes about it and sure enough - it was a cam that a previous customer had wiped. Dave's story went that the customer didn't lube the cam prior to firing the motor and tried to get it started 4-5 times. I got the impression that they kept the cam up front to say "see what happens when you don't follow directions" kind of like when you are at the video store and they have those melted vhs cassettes with a note that says "see what happens when you leave these in your car".

And...that is what they sent a customer. Yeesh. I was so humiliated.

-LS