add a extra ground wire to the ecu mounting bolt. it needs a good solid ground.

I do agree that running the points dist is going backwards in a way... but! when your on side of the road it is a sure fire way to get it to run back to the shop for more trouble shooting.

when you spend cash you don't have on stuff and have the hassle of tracking down crap from china and not mopar made in usa parts then to have it all NOT work is frustrating.

so I don't mind going backwards sometime if it will get me 2 steps forward in the long run. so 1 step back(points dist) and 1 step forward converting back to a more reliable elect. system(points conversion) 2nd step forward for the long run is longevity & reliability with first out lay of cash.

you can also buy the pertronix conversion to replace the leanburn system or the ecu style dist. or Mallory or firecore or MSD or ??? they all work fine too but cost $$.

I just suggest the points so it cranks/runs on the fist outlay of cash. this is way less frustration.

glad you got it going.

just file the info away for when the stock stuff crashes again as they always seem to do.