Well I may have messed up my opportunity on any returns. I was going to pull the dist. to spin it to check to see if I would read any AC voltage. As many times as I have put dist caps on I have never had this happen, but when I pulled the cap I discovered the spring contact on the rotor was bent badly to one side. It was so bad, even though I tried to get it straight, it left an obvious crimp mark. But I did think maybe that was the problem, got it as straight as I could, put it back together but got the same results. I took it apart and it was bent again. I just knew that must be the problem so I put in the rotor from my most recent cap, rotor, plugs and wire change out. Still no change and when I pulled the cap that spring was bent a little too and then examining the inside of the cap it had obvious cuts in the copper ring around the carbon button at the center of the cap. I am sure, once Jegs got the return they would say it didn't work because I had damaged the cap and rotor. I am beginning to feel my boat rocking in the creek and the light is getting so dim I am not sure I can find the paddle.

When I got your post last night I looked back over my notes and we had checked the pickup coil and it measured 250 ohms. I apologize, in my frustration I didn't pull the dist to check the AC voltage output of the pickup. I will try to get that done tomorrow. I guess I could just have my helper crank the engine while I measure for AC at the zigzag connector, rather than pull the dist.