Thanks for your quick response. I just got back to my computer, so I am afraid some of what you ask will have to wait till tomorrow when it is daylight and hopefully a little warmer. My helper is a she (wife) who likes milder temperatures. But I will answer/ask questions where I can this evening to help move things along. You say "separate/reconnect the ECU pentastar connector/dist pickup zigzag connector and firewall bulkhead." I guess this is what Jegs' kit instructions call the harness and by separate/reconnect do you want me to ohm the pickup first with it disconnected from the ECU and then with it connected to the ECU? As far as wiring: from the ECU harness the black with a yellow trace (#2 pin on ECU) went to the negative post on the ignition coil, the blue w/yellow trace (#1 pin on ECU) went to one side of the ballast resistor, from this same side of the ballast resistor I ran a new 14 gauge wire and spliced into the main ignition feed wire coming off pin 37 of the Master Disconnect Connector on the bulkhead/firewall, next I cut the wire coming out of the starter relay going to the "BAL" connection (taped up the non-connector side) and spliced a new 14 gauge wire to the "BAL" connected wire which I then ran to the other end of the ballast resistor, then from that same end I ran another new 14 gauge wire to the positive post of the ignition coil and pins #4 and #5 go to the zigzag plug of the dist. pickup coil. Yes, the ECU that came in the Jegs' kit is orange. There is no ". . .hint of starting on the crank". It just turns over fine but not even a hint of starting. Hope that answers your questions. I will try to fill in the rest of the blanks tomorrow. Thanks again for the help.