We had a heavy mist last night and this morning, like a heavy foggy, cloudy morning. Just to be sure nothing had changed since I left it just the way I finished testing yesterday, I ran yesterday's test first this morning and it all came out the same. I then plugged the yellow wire back into the starter relay harness. I had my wife crank the engine while holding the coil wire 1/4 inch from the intake while dragging the zigzag connector's (from the ECU harness end)exposed nub across the intake - got a spark at the coil wire and the spark plug. I then plugged the coil wire into the dist. cap, had her crank the engine while I drug the zigzag connector across the intake, I had spark at the plug and the car was obviously try to come to life. Just out of curiosity, I plugged the zigzag connector back together and there was no spark at the plug and the engine was back to not even trying to start.

Some further discoveries while we were running this test, my wife moved the steering wheel to tilt it while she was getting into position and tried to start it from that position and it was dead, just like having the yellow wire off. She moved it back to her regular driving position and it cranked again. We did it several times with the same result. Looks like once I get it running again I have another problem to work on. Also, once when she had it in the no start position I happened to hit the zigzag nub on the intake and without the engine turning over it sounded like I could hear sparking coming from inside the dist. cap.