Quote:

Ultimately, Bucky is responsible for the legality of his car.
Guys, this is very simple. There are explicit written technical specifications. If you violate those specifications, whether you are caught or not and whether you know it or not, you are cheating!! The rules say nothing about performance advantages, nor respect for your fellow competitor, nor the individual's integrity. They are black and white written rules that address the limits of what can be done...
Outsourced Parts - A real Racer knows every part that goes in or on his car. If the problem was a carb violation and we suggest that someone on that Team did not SEE the carb violations, that suggests that they are all BLIND! How many times have they checked to see that the carbs open fully, how many times have the carbs been on and off the car?? Did the carb guy just take it upon himself to do that, and then did not tell anyone on the Team?? AND NO ONE NOTICED ?
Most of these guys have been around/involved with these types of cars for years. They should know everything about their car and what it looks like!!
I would expect that the owner/driver of that car, should, at the next Shootout, gather all his competitors at his trailer. Stand up and tell them that he CHEATED! Not blame it on someone, nor something else. Tell them that he violated their TRUST and that he is profoundly sorry. HE WAS WRONG..
I am very disappointed in the Person involved and ashamed of all other people that suggest that "this little problem" is not SERIOUS.
IN MY WORLD, RIGHT IS RIGHT AND WRONG IS WRONG !!!!!

Stewart Pomeroy
Tampa, Florida

Stewart with every word.