julie are you saying that by the same standard that hopkins hasnt ran even close,,that the west coast hemi team doesnt have two cars that run ever close to each other?? i always see your dads car .07-.10 quicker than mikes car or jerry's car.

when hopkins ran that 8.62 it ran a real good front half, but stunk in the back half,, it only went 147 something if i remember correctly,, but went 1.12 60 ft or so. at that time even if the record wasnt an altitude corrected deal, it still wasnt the quickest run that year,, im sure holton was.

i dont like altitude corrected records,, running in 2000ft d.a. air with a .20 correction is exactly like the rare air you see at certain tracks,, but usually the weather that goes along with it isnt cooperative,, rain,, cold,, so on. its alot easier to get a car down the track with 60 less horsepower just to get the power back in the correction on the time sheet.

i havent/dont complain about the altitude corrected records that holton has had because he has/is the fastest car in the land. westcott is catching up, but i believe that holton wasnt running up to snuff at indy in '05 and was about .04 slower than he should have been, up till the day of class then they tuned it up.

people are catch ing up,, and some guys are hard headed to work on what they believe is the right way to go for their combos. im that way, and little joes car at indy was a pig,, we didnt fix it till after the race and kept working on it till it became obvious what was wrong,, now we have a better understanding of what was going on and hopefully we can nuture that for more et/horsepower. randy is the same way, even when he ran that 62, he knew it wasnt the best and kept working on it and lost the combo,, it wouldnt run in bad air,, only cold air,, so that combo was pushed aside. we will see this weekend whether he has picked anything up or not, but he has carb problems,, as does joe,, we will hopefully get joe, randy,, and everyone else fixed up to whatever i can do for them in help by the sports nationals then we will see where everyone lies on the food chain. im sure holton and westcott will be top dogs,, but wilkes, hopkins, teuton, caro, henson,, and so on will be right there.

im not trying to harass you julie,, but when you reread that post about randy,, do you see it sounding a little belittling??

thanks,, jeff