Quote:

Quote:

My disconnect switch had 4 terminals on it. One set is large for the main battery cable, and one set is small for the alternator batt wire. I run a smal jumper from the battery larger terminal, to the small terminal. The other small terminal goes to the alternator.

No relay needed.

I hope those little terminals are rated for more than 30 amp..most alternators put out at least 60A and average is 80A...usualy those smaller terminals would be reserved for the ignition which is a great idea...I use mine that has 2 poles for ignition and I use a solonoid for disconecting the power from the alternator so I dont have any HOT wires leaving the Trunk/battery area...and when the switch is OFF...its all OFF..

there are other ways Im sure...I believe there maybe a switch that has the two poles rated for the higher amperage

I agree with Woody. What is it's rating?

Also, what is the cost of the 4 post compared to a 2 post and relay. My 2 post switch cost right at $20-25 and the relay is $13-15.

I run very fine strand wire from the Alt to the relay. No matter if you run a relay or not, you'll have drop for the longer run.