Quote:

Quote:

Granted it isn't legal to hook it up the way I mentioned in the post above as it would not kill power as long as the engine is running off alternator output

Dont like the sound of that ,Worse case scenerio ,eg ,Motor running,,,crash or accident occurs down track,,,,motor still running or fire,,,,driver might not be able to shut off ignition inside car ( cant reach it,,or too dazed to shut it off) ,,,,track personal run up to car to help,,,, track personal cant kill car with switch on back of car ??

Like I said it ain't legal but have seen it done because they hook it up that way and it is dead. They turn it on and things work. They turn engine off with ignition switch, hit main and all is dead. A lot of people don't try to hit the main with the engine running to see if it will kill everything and just take for granted that because it is dead when it is off and alive with the ignition on it is right and track legal, when in reality it isn't. Yes every thing is dead when when everything is shut down. But not when you need it. Point I was trying to make is that there are many ways to hook up the main, some may work but not be racing legal but everyday functional and a theft deterent or what ever and there are also several race legal ways to hook up a main.