Quote:

My $.02 -- or maybe more like my $.10 -- on this subject:

2. I believe I could take those heads, put 'em on my 452 RB shortblock, stick in the 265 @ .050" x .650" solid roller I got from Dwayne Porter, drop on my plenum-ported Edelbrock Victor intake & one of my carbs and make 640+ HP on pump gas, easily enough to put my street/strip E-body into the low 10s. It ran 10.5s w/ 610 HP on Dwayne's dyno, so it looks reasonable to me that those heads and a nice roller would pick it up at least a couple of tenths.

3. They're sized (runner volume) much better for a 450-ish cube application than someting like a standard Indy EZ, because the EZ runners are just tapered-down MW-sized runners. The velocity on the Trick Flow head is probably way better across the lift range than a modified standard-port size EZ, even if the flow #s aren't as good. An EZ is really just a Max Wedge port waiting for a grinder to open up the entry, which puts the CSA and runner volume up to IMO what's much better suited to a 500" application.

4. They've got a better chamber than any that Edelbrock offers for the Performer RPM (or what Stealth & Sidewinder copied), the OOB CNC porting and decent flow #s are reasonable for that size of head, and they won't require any special valve train. If I wasn't already vested in Edelbrock Victors (own one ported set & w/ the requisite offset intake rockers & roller lifters, and have another unported set on hand for a future project), I'd be giving these Trick Flows a serious look... or waiting to see what the "intermediate" set that Brian hinted about looks like.

I agree, fills the void between the small 210cc RPM and the necked down max wedge 270cc EZ. Be great for 440-470 CID engines. Anyone remember what the intake runner size options were on the Chapman heads?