Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Brian,

Can you tell us if either one of the next two versions will need piston changes?

Thanks
Damon

What's the BIG deal about changing pistons?????????? Heck its done everyday. Some guys want to go fast.

Some guys can spend a ton on a motor upgrade and others can't, pistons cost money, labor is certainly worth money even if you do it yourself, re-balancing costs money then if you want a different head someday you got to do the whole thing again... that is the big deal with piston swaps. Also you are gonna have a hard time getting anyone to stock a piston like that so you spend more on a piston and have more wait time. Gonna cost $6000+ at a shop.

VS pull off your old POS 906's and bolt on a more powerful lighter weight, more efficient set of trick flows. You could be under $3000 paying a shop to do it for you.

My customers are all like crabmans, 500 real HP and they can't believe it. They are so used to riding in their buddys 500 hp 350 with an aluminum intake and headers, they have no idea what a real 500 HP is like.

The only thing they really missed the boat on is not doing a SB first. There are soooooo many 92-02 ram, dakota, durango owners with cracked heads who want a big jump in power and weight loss not to mention how easy and smart it is to retrofit the old LAs shame shame for not jumping on that market when the BB market they jumped in is flooded already. The eddy magnum heads are not bolt on ootb, can't use stock rockers, need hard pushrods, guides are too tight and the valves are heavier than stock... RHS and EQ are iron and almost fixed the problem but are heavier than stock instead of lighter and it is tough to convince someone an iron head is any upgrade.

There must be something about jumping in a crowded market that is over my head just like how Lowes always builds across the street from Home depot, Autozone accross from advance auto parts, Mc Donalds accross from Burger king...

The question is HOW many direct bolt on heads do we need. That market is saturated already with sub-par performance heads. Until you make the need for different rockers, intakes, and pistons your performance gains are limited. I really really pushed for a better small block head in my discussions with them and they are very open minded but someone lead them in this direction first.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time