Quote:

Quote:

If those chambers can get the burn rate down to where total timing is in the hi 20's you can say goodbye to cap walk and other assorted destructive forces.

That alone would be worth the price of admission.

Kevin

Those chambers aren't that much different from other heart-shaped chambers that still end up with 34 - 36 degrees advance for best power. No magic there from what I see.

I just looked at a closer shot of the chamber. The plug position looks drastically improved but the real plus here is the pressure recovery looks to be excellent with these. I would be willing to bet this is one of the primary reasons the flow rate at .400" and .500" is quite good. I have a customer that I will be nudging towards these. IF (and that's a BIG IF) they flow as advertised EVERYWHERE in the lift curve, these will be the best non rocker offset, replacement heads available to us-especially at the proposed price point.

Burn rate cannot be judged by looking at the chamber alone. You will need a wet flow bench and plenty of experience interpreting that data, and a host of other variables affect burn rate. If less timing is required then less negative torque will be produced below peak torque--which will show up as more torque. This has nothing to do with cap walk-unless you exceed the timing required and get into pre-ignition and detonation. J.Rob

2009 PHR\EMC Competitor
2010 PHR\EMC Competitor
2011 PHR\EMC Competitor
2012 PHR\EMC Competitor
2013 PHR\EMC Competitor
2014 HotRod/EMC Competitor
2015 HotRod/EMC NoShow
2016 HotRod/EMC 3rd place SPEC Bigblock
2018 HotRod/EMC 7th place G3