Quote:

Great......

Another head that drops right in the middle of a sea of mundane offerings to power a BBM down Main St.. What's that, about a dozen or more BBM heads that can't outflow a decent SBC piece, but still have the ability to bust a piece of junk 45 year old block???

No good iron, or CG blocks and not a single head casting that can top the ancient PSO.

I NEVER thought I'd see a day when it was better to be a Pontiac guy, as far as the performance aftermarket and R & D worlds are concerned. What's next.....another stock style HEMI head???

What an absolute farce the MOPAR aftermarket is......

The REASON Trick Flow wants to get in here, is because sadly, this is where 95% of the Mopar market is. So they conclude, correctly I might add, that if they produce a better "bolt on" head to compete in this area, that it will do well........and it will.

The problem on more "serious" offerings is the same as it has always been. There are just not enough of those guys out there, trying to make REAL steam with a Mopar wedge. And the number that are is fading fast, because they get to the point of fed up and look elsewhere. The thread asking about the Mopar vs SR-20 thread is a prime example. The conclusion there is, it can't be done in anything resembling a remotely cost effective way. So eventually even the MOST die hard guy will give up an unwinnable fight.

As for the PSO head, sure it could be made better, but I am sure in Brodix eyes, why? So few are sold, that they run them in batches of 5 sets, not to mention most Mopar guys have never even HEARD of a PSO head anyway...........PLUS.......and THIS is and always has been the biggest drawback, the 4.800 bore center block just sucks...............So, you do all this development on a killer head, only to have it saddled by a 4.500 bore......whats the point? The SMART thing to do, would be just develop a PSO or similar style head, that would just "bolt on" a Chevy style block. But then the purists will completely crush that idea...........LOL!!

Monte