Interesting 1.78 Exhaust valve....
The one article said starting at 1800 bucks ok not bad on that front. The intake looks pretty nice although I do wish they could offer it in a 1 piece deal with the valley cover. Ok now to
They look alright to me. Not world beaters but I am pretty sure we (and a lot of other people) could blow the bottom end out of a stock block with them. What is not to like? Some of you guys need to go back to the days when McCandless ported 452s were as GOOD AS IT GOT and they cost almost as much as these 20 years ago. And if it cracked oh well. Now it seems like heads are coming out of the woodwork. GOOD. We can no longer be held hostage. Competition between the manufacturers will be good for everyone looking to buy heads of all kinds. What we need is BLOCKS. We can make any aluminum head on the market run over the crank.
We just shipped a 655 Indy wedge that made almost 1100 on pump gas. HOW much do you want? We (and others have many ways to build about anything you want) Write the check and you can have one to. All this talk about what is and is not a race head is nuts. How fast do you have to go to be called a race head? How much power does it have to make? Why not just bolt two big hair dryers on it or Call up Charlie Buck and spray the bearings out? All it takes is $$$$$.
Then we have our Mopar guys. Most of them are not wiping their bums with Ben Franklins. As someone who has sold more dang mopar heads than you could fit in a semi truck, I can tell you that $$$$ is ALWAYS the limiting factor for any engine build. Bang for the buck always matters.
I am happy to see another company throw their hat in the ring. I hope they do offer other parts. Hey some 500 cfm heads would be sweet if they cost under 10grand...so guys enjoy the show. I NEVER would have guessed 10 years ago even that we would have all these choices. ALL of these heads are filling in gaps and have markets. It may not be what you are looking for but the guys that buy them are funding the R/D that will pave the way for bigger and badder stuff to come.
Todd