Quote:

Are you considering them an EZ based on the similar flow numbers? Having 240cc intake runners after being CNC machined they are still 30cc smaller than the as cast EZ. I wonder how the CSA compares to the EZ.

Someone else mentioned this but I'll add my 2 cents.

The EZ is designed for use as a MW size port. Which is fine, but if you're running a small engine not ideal. A better designed port makes more sense IMO than just port volume. Kinda like the Chapman Stage 6's, except without the incredible price. Yes, I know why they cost that much, but that has little to do with them being outside the budget of most everyone.

The smart head producers these days cast the heads with a ton of meat and then let the CNC tooling cut all the chambers/ports/etc. This gives far better results than trying to cast as-finished heads. For this reason alone, this is a better head than the other stuff on the market, where it's port volume makes sense.

I'm hoping they do a max wedge port, something like a -1 killer, that should go 400'ish at .700. And then a full boat head, going as tall as they can, the problem there is blocks. 4.900 bore space? Cool, but why not just run a BBF w/ a Thor head, since that's what you just built anyways?

The issue is, what's the market? A B-1 killer? What's the most you can get out of a 4.8 B/S design? What would be the purpose? For any outlaw/10.5/275/whatever stuff, why not just run a hemi with a turbo or screw? The fuel/alky guys have already done the work there. Rules? OK, if you're racing a rule book, you need to build to the rulebook. S/F.....Ken M