Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

While its true MOPAR'S want be competitive with wedge heads in heads up outlaw racing where bore spacing,large ci along more modern heads rule the kingdom...I have no problem being competitive when you have to run conventional heads along with standard bore spacing with a BBNOS combo in our area 275 classes...At the last 2 we attended Tex275 .036 jet limit races we qualified #3 at one and we runner upped at the other...We never feel under powered with anything else out there in our class as it usually comes down to power management along with who makes the right call...Maybe one of these days at the right race along with the right track we'll put the man pills in and see if 60's/70's are possible and if I can't do it with the B1 originals I have a new set of PSO heads setting on the shelf I've been dying to get started on,but really want to max out this combo first !!

web page

Gary I totally understand where you are coming from on the "local" level. Same around here. A local 275 race, if you have a 4.80 car, you can be a player unless a "hitter" shows up. And we know who those guys are. The ones who run 4.50s and even some .40s at the big races. I rarely say NEVER, because never is a long time.......but, while I realize that are FEW serious effort Mopar guys, to my knowledge there has not been a Mopar x275 car yet in the .70s and .40s is a LONG way from there.

That class you are running in is pretty limited to try and keep combos equal. I know one of my guys, Jim Staples runs that deal but carries a good bit of weight for his heads, which are considered really "good" conventional heads for a Chevy

And as I said earlier, some are content to be the fastest at the local track, or the fastest Mopar, or whatever, but I am just not wired that way. If I build an X275 car, I want to be able to take that car ANYWHERE and the guy in the other lane be worried about having to run me. And while chassis, power management, etc are HUGE in small tire racing, I also like to know that if both cars make a good clean hit, that I have the oats to run up front. But that's just me.

Monte

So what way are you "wired" ??
To have your car sit in the shop for 15 years ??
And look down on the people that are actually out there racing ??

Thats the way we Race down here in the South,we take things to new levels and we are willing to do what ever it takes to win!Come down here and do some Big $$$ Bracket Races with us and you will understand better.Come down here and do some Grudge Racing with us and you will go home Broke!
Monte is not a Bad Guy he is just from AlaBama like myself and we are all very aggressive Racers because thats what it takes to win down in Rebel Division 2 they can take the Rebel out of it and call it the SouthEast Division,but they can't take the Rebel out of us!
While we Race each other hard we will also him each other even if its the person we are up against in the next round,unless its a Grudge Race,don't ask about that you don't wanna know!
Here to all us real Racers face it we are never gonna all agree on the same thing and get alone with each other for over a few mins. at a time.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"